Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't select 'I agree' on Apple TV today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't select 'I agree' on Apple TV today?

Good morning,

There's an error today with Directv Now and Apple TV. When you try to stream in the app as usual, it asks the user to select 'I Agree' but they can't select that option. So they can't watch anything. 

Any info about this?

Message 1 of 11
Contributor

Re: Can't select 'I agree' on Apple TV today?

Same. Any answers yet?

Message 2 of 11
Contributor

You think anybody at Directv Now is even reading this thread?

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Expert

Nope because this is only a open user community forum. Have you reported the issue to support using the chat?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Employee

I saw this other post about the same issue. Here was the solution.

Re: Unable to log in

I logged in on my PC and accepted the new terms and then it didn’t ask on my Apple TV.

Hope that helps!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 11
Contributor

Me too very frustrating 

Message 6 of 11
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎10-05-2018 4:49 AM

Click the disclaimer then you can scroll all the way to the bottom then scroll back to the top and you can click “I agree”. 

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 11
Contributor

I had the same issue. Here’s how I got it to work for me: make sure you hover over the terms box instead of the “not now” option box. Then, I clicked and held the button down and then swiped around until it brought up a black screen where you can then scroll through the entire terms. Once you hit menu to go back, you’ll be allowed to select “I agree.” 

** I wish I could remember which way I swiped. I don’t recall if it was down or right, etc. Basically, long click on the terms box and swipe around till you get the black screen with the full terms. It grays out “I agree” until you’ve scrolled through them all. Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 11

Yes, You actually need to read the terms. I had the same problem. Click the actual term box, scroll down to bottom, then "menu" button, then agree

Message 9 of 11
ACE - Expert

Well, you need to scroll through them, which provides them a plausible(?) argument that you actually read them.  Not clear why they bother with that, as (almost?) no one actually reads them, and the validity of click-through user agreements like this has never been settled in court, whether they argue that the user read the agreement or not

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your time and answers people. 

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support