Explore & discover

Helpful Links

CBS local channel not appearing in my DirecTV Now Channel Guide. ABC & NBC are fine. And all others

Tutor

CBS local channel not appearing in my DirecTV Now Channel Guide. ABC & NBC are fine. And all others

I live within the city of Albuquerque and the CBS local channel does not appear in the Channel Guide.  I have tried twice through service support Chat and I received two different answers.  The first one said something about my zip code for my IP address did not match my physical address.  See Quote from DirecTV Now Help Center - " Your eligibility is dependent on your billing zip code, and your access depends on your streaming device and the device’s IP address (based on location data provided by your Internet Service Provider/ISP)."  But he did not provide an answer as how to solve this.  I did live at another address within the city of Albuquerque but moved here to my current address 7 years ago.  My local computer tech wasn't sure what to do about it.  How do I determine my current ISP and how to I fix the location data?  

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS local channel not appearing in my DirecTV Now Channel Guide. ABC & NBC are fine. And al

The first thing we need to do is to determine what local channels you are suppose to be able to receive. Not everyone gets all channels. Go here to see what locals you are to receive.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ABQ87121
‎07-27-2018 3:17 PM

Re: CBS local channel not appearing in my DirecTV Now Channel Guide. ABC & NBC are fine. And al

The cause of the "problem" is simpler - according to the local lookup tool (here), DirecTV Now doesn't (yet) carry the CBS affiliate station in Albuquerque, so there is nothing you can do unless and until that changes.  (Well, you can use an antenna or perhaps get CBS All Access, but there is nothing you can do to get a CBS live stream from DirecTV Now in Albuquerque, because there isn't one to get...)  This is a little odd, because they indicate that they do carry the Fox affiliate, which is a subchannel of the CBS station, and is also apparently owned by Nexstar.  However, major affiliate ownership companies like Nexstar often license their different network affiliates separately.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
Tutor

Tech support stated that they should have this corrected next month.

Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

If local station s are available, and the billing address is the problem, how do you change the billing address?

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

You don't. Its tied to your CC.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Master

Um, move? :-)

But seriously, the billing address is between you and your card issuer. I'd take it up with them. DTVN has to accept whatever the card issuer says is your billing address.

If your billing address is somewhere other than where you live (like a work address) it might cause trouble. You might consider using a different card, or even a PayPal account.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support