Explore & discover

Helpful Links

CBS local channel not appearing in my DirecTV Now Channel Guide. ABC & NBC are fine. And all others

Tutor

CBS local channel not appearing in my DirecTV Now Channel Guide. ABC & NBC are fine. And all others

I live within the city of Albuquerque and the CBS local channel does not appear in the Channel Guide.  I have tried twice through service support Chat and I received two different answers.  The first one said something about my zip code for my IP address did not match my physical address.  See Quote from DirecTV Now Help Center - " Your eligibility is dependent on your billing zip code, and your access depends on your streaming device and the device’s IP address (based on location data provided by your Internet Service Provider/ISP)."  But he did not provide an answer as how to solve this.  I did live at another address within the city of Albuquerque but moved here to my current address 7 years ago.  My local computer tech wasn't sure what to do about it.  How do I determine my current ISP and how to I fix the location data?  

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Professor

Re: CBS local channel not appearing in my DirecTV Now Channel Guide. ABC & NBC are fine. And al

Try this link to see where your IP is located.

https://www.iplocation.net/

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
ACE - Master

Re: CBS local channel not appearing in my DirecTV Now Channel Guide. ABC & NBC are fine. And al

You could go here:

https://www.iplocation.net/

To see where some of the major geolocation services think you are. Nobody knows which, if any, of them are being used by DTVN, but the results might be handy in trying to explain the problem to your ISP.

It's not your ISP's job to provide anyone with your location information, most of us would be upset if our ISP did that without a warrant. There are companies that purport to do that, usually not very accurately, and that's about the only answer with hardware that lacks location services.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9

It shouldn't reply off of where your IP is located cuz it should pick up the location of the device mine was all working yesterday today I get up. I was working now it says it can't be streamed to my location which my location has not changed I have not moved

Message 4 of 9
ACE - Master

@ABQ87121 - I think you are going down a wrong path to figure out what is wrong.  The issue is actually simpler - DirecTV Now doesn't currently carry the CBS station in Albuquerque (KRQE) at all according to the lookup tool.  DTVN doesn't carry all local (network affiliate) stations in the country - in fact, not close.  While they are continually adding new ones, it is a slow process, and depends in large part on their ability to negotiate a reasonable carriage contract with the station owner.  In this case, the station is owned by Nexstar - a very large media ownership company - and there have been reports (related to other stations they own) that imply they are not particularly cooperative in negotiations.  So there is no way of guessing if and when that station will be added.

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

Thanks for your help.  This is disappointing as most of my favorite shows are on CBS.  Also, the service reps could have been more helpful, assuming they are completely informed.

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

It looks as if my mother has lost her CBS channel on DTV as well. I am DISH, so I still have mine. I suspect it's some sort of payment dispute between CBS and DTV, but I can't confirm. 

Message 7 of 9
Mentor

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

I've not had CBS on my DTVN since the last week of May.  Chatted with customer service several times since and they all say they can fix the problem but not fixed yet.  I don't expect it to get fixed now.  I added CBS All Access to my Roku TV so I can watch my favorite CBS programs.  

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support