Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Beta Testing Directv Now Streaming Box

Beta Testing Directv Now Streaming Box

I’ve been beta testing the streaming box since receiving it a few weeks ago.  Setup had plenty of hiccups; it initially crashed and had attempt setting up multiple times. Finally got it setup and connected to my WIFI network, but it would consistently loose connection.  So I gave it a rest out of frustration.  

I’ve tried multiple times to use since.  The best is that it works fine for up to 5 - 10 minutes and then somehow crashes my entire WIFI network, i.e. all other devices that were connected to the network lose connectivity. This happens consistently. I’ve had to discontinue using to avoid this issue.  As soon as I take the streaming box off my network, the network recovers all other devices can connect to the network. 

I’ve received no communication from ATT and I even attempted to be proactive to connection with ATT without any luck.  It would be easier for ATT to simply go with a Roku Streamkng Stick if this is the best the box will do.  

Message 1 of 46
ACE - Expert

Re: Beta Testing Directv Now Streaming Box

Report your comments to the beta forum mot here.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 46
Teacher

I wasn't even invited to test it.I used the link to the page to request one about 2 weeks ago and got my box delivered yesterday.

Message 17 of 46
ACE - Expert

Guess you are on your own then.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 46
Contributor

I got my beta box today.  Took a little while to set up.  Like having numbers.  Am able to get locals on the box.  Wouldn't work on Roku.  Picture seems sharper and easy to use.  Also quicker.

Message 19 of 46
ACE - Master

@rabgary - you should have gotten an email with info about the beta group.  If you didn’t, check spam/junk folders - that’s where mine ended up. I don’t remember the sender off hand, but it wasn’t directvnow. 

Message 20 of 46
Tutor

I have my beta box but cannot figure out how to set it up. Does it need an Ethernet cord?

Does it plug into my internet modem? 

Please help!!!! 

Message 21 of 46
ACE - Expert

WiFi or ethernet. Depends on your setup, either in a port on your cable modem or your router. HDMI cable to your TV. No different then any other similar type of streaming device.

Message 22 of 46
Contributor

We haven’t received ours either and we were told weeks ago that it would be here.

Message 23 of 46
ACE - Expert

Not even a shopping notification.

Message 24 of 46
Teacher

I still haven't got mine either 

Message 25 of 46
Teacher

Same here 

Message 26 of 46
Teacher

Why would anyone volunteer to beta test this box for AT&T? 

my reward to "beta test" dtvn for the past 2 1\2 years was $15. increase on a promotional package that claimed "price guarantee for life" (yeah yeah I didn't read the fine print). It's not like the box will be free after...???

Message 27 of 46
ACE - Expert

Well you get to keep the box in the end although it's proprietary to DTVN. Nothing else to do? Just be a tester!

Message 28 of 46
ACE - Master

You get to keep the box. That may be plenty of incentive for many. I also wonder how many recipients of the device actually make meaningful reports to the beta group, as opposed to just keeping their new toy.

Message 29 of 46
ACE - Expert

I sure provide comments. Have not seen much change though like they do with the commercial DTVN product

Message 30 of 46
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support