Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are you still watching

Are you still watching

Come on why is this now a thing? This isn’t Netflix we pay you a much higher amount to have to have me say yea I’m still watching. Why do I need to save bandwidth for your company that I pay to watch?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Are you still watching

You aren't paying anyone here anything - it isn't our company, since we are just other customers.  And by the way, Netflix (which offers a different service than the live streaming services like DTVN, hence the different cost) does exactly the same thing - and for the same reason.  They want to save the bandwidth needed to support people who just want to leave their TV on 24 hours a day whether anyone is watching or not, because if they have to support all that not actually useful streaming, they will need to spend a lot more money on infrastructure and access, and that money is going to come from increased subscription charges - which I personally have no interest in paying just so you can avoid clicking your remote once every 4 hours.  Live with it.  (Or get cable or satellite, which mostly don't ask, but which charge you for that privilege.)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

They didnt have it befor, thats not the product i was sold in the att store. Guess i just renew much better working funcutioning services out there

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

Yes it will save DTVN some bandwidth.

But the user with data caps, who is prevented from using up a month's worth of data in a couple of days, or getting hit with huge overages, will probably appreciate the feature as well.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support