Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are you still watching when i turn tv on

Tutor

Are you still watching when i turn tv on

When I turn the TV on the message are you still watching comes up. Why does it do that and does it mean it's been using data even while off?

Message 1 of 7
Mentor

Re: Are you still watching when i turn tv on

It seems like you're not turning the streaming box off (or at least not closing the app) when you turn the tv off

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

...agreed, exit app first, then sleep or power off the box. You get the info/warning from 4 hours of use with no interactions. So actually the app saves you from the max use of data, but data is data, you are still consuming some. 

Message 3 of 7
Tutor

Thanks! How do I turn off the app? Does this apply if we have several tvs?
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

Yes. Go to your device home screen. Your remote for your device has a home button.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Mentor

I have an apple tv so to close an app on that you tap the tv logo twice in rapid succession and swipe up to close and you long press the tv logo and click the touch pad to put it to sleep. I dont know if you have an apple tv, though.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Master

The Rokus and the Fire devices have a "positive exit" feature (do you want to exit, yes or no?) which is lacking on the ATVs. I'd like to see it on the ATVs as well, it's good to know that you are actually exiting the app (and stopping the stream). Especially handy for those with capped internet service.

I don't use the Apple remote. I keep hitting the "back" button and I will be offered a "return to video" option, if I hit back again it exits the app. Exiting should be a positive act, not merely the lack of a "return to video" command.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support