Explore & discover

Helpful Links

App keeps signing me off while watching

Tutor

App keeps signing me off while watching

I keep getting signed out while watching directvnow and have to renter my password. Is there a fix for this?
Message 1 of 93
Teacher

Re: Directv keeps asking for ID and PW on firetv 2

There is a setting your internet routers called "DHCP lease time", often the value is listed in seconds. 

After that time period expires the Firestick is supposed to renew it's ip address with your router. I believe this lease expiration may be coinciding with the service interruptions  and maybe even the crash/re-login issues. Try to increase your DHCP lease time to as high as it will go. See if you're still having the crashes, or try decreasing the value to something very vey low to confirm that's the issue causing the problems.

~Rolan

Message 16 of 93

As usual just ignore the fly in the room. These folks are useless and are annoying at best. Their dribble is becoming more annoying as time passes.

Tags (1)
Message 17 of 93

Re: App keeps signing me off while watching

Me too
Message 18 of 93
Teacher

I am also having this issue. How can a multi-billion dollar company run like this? It's like your running this service from Jim Bob's garage. You need to hire engineers that know streamming and how to write code for your apps. It seems like everytime you update the apps. your service gets worse. If the login issue is not fixed within a few days I am out of here. I don't care if I lose the $35.00 deal. It is not worth a penny.

Message 19 of 93
Tutor

Continue to be asked for login and constant freezes

I know....Repost...But you lame moderators have not solved the problem as you continue to state in other posts.  I had to sign In 4 times today😋. I had the service lock up or freeze multiple times a day since inception on our fire TV box.  I have uninstalled, cleared everything besides my MIL....Nothin works.  Nothing....

Are you serious?  Pee on you and all that call this a reliable alternative to PSVUE, or sling...which never, NEVER let me down.  My kids are done critiquing me for trying to save money....I am going back.  You suck.  

Message 20 of 93
Teacher

Indeed, this product should have a "BETA" label attached to it. BTW,  AT&T didn't develop this in house. Six months ago they bought a company named QuickPlay Media then proceeded to haphazardly munge together this product with glue code and duct tape. Each time you log in to DirecTVNow it still sends your blob of credit card payment data over to aeg-umsgw.quickplay.com. I give it at least another 4 months before they polish up the integration and work out most of the bugs. There is no excuse for the buffering and bandwidth issues though. We should at least be offered a few months of the premium package in trade for enduring these new product birthing pains.

Message 21 of 93

Same issue with getting logged out every hour or so.  Happened 3 times while watching the Packers/Giants game.  I've been using it for about 1.5 weeks now, and I prepaid for 30 days so I could get the Fire Stick free.  I have a brand new Sony 75" 4K Smart TV, but there is no DirecTV Now app for AndroidTV so I have to resort to the Fire Stick.  I've also used SlingTV and VUE, so if this issue isn't resolved by the time my 30 days is up I guess I'll be switching back to VUE :-(  Hopefully they can get an update pushed out asap before they lose their early adopters and this service sinks before it even leaves the harbor...

Message 22 of 93
Tutor

Always have to enter password

Why do I always have to enter my password? I have 2 fire sticks and I always have to enter my password. Why cant I stay logged in?

Message 23 of 93
Tutor

This is not solved.   I followed directions last night.   Came back today and half to sign in.   directv if you are going to post a solution as fixed at least give us a vote if the person reporting person thinks it is fixed?

Message 24 of 93
Tutor

Happening with AppleTV as well.
Message 25 of 93
Community Support

Re: Always have to enter password

Hi @ffdonnie,

We are not sure why this is occurring. Please reinstall the app. This may resolve the trouble you are having. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to check out our Help Center.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 26 of 93
Teacher

I'm experiencing this issue. I'm using the Amazon FireTV stick. I've done the whole "clear data" thing several times and I'm still being asked for my password. This is most frustrating. I plan to cancel my subscription and move to VUE.

Message 27 of 93
Contributor

Picture freezes and getting connection error

Picture regularly freeze and often stops completely with connection error.
Rebooting Amazon fire tv restores. Also often asked for password and says you do not have access to the perticular Chanel!
Tried live chat, lady wrote 'we will resolve the issue'.
My problem persists
Message 28 of 93
Teacher

many days later, this still has not been solved at all.

i even deleted the app on my fire tv and appletv, reinstalled the app, deleted cache, deleted data, did all that stuff....

still prompts me for password every 1-2 hours.  awesome!

Message 29 of 93

@SkinnyBytes I have Directv Now app on my Android Tv You have to side load it and your going to need a mouse Go to Youtube for side loading apps on Android Tv. 

Tags (1)
Message 30 of 93
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support