Explore & discover

Helpful Links

App keeps signing me off while watching

Tutor

App keeps signing me off while watching

I keep getting signed out while watching directvnow and have to renter my password. Is there a fix for this?
Message 1 of 93

Re: Directv keeps asking for ID and PW on firetv 2

For now all I have been doing is forcing the app to quit in your device setting. Then reopen the app. This should also help for people trying to stop or uninstall the app. I get very few channels as of 7:50am est ABC is one

Message 31 of 93
Tutor

ok, so i had this problem too.. did the whole clear data , reboot thing.. and while it doesn't make me login all the time anymore. it just got worse because now my app will freeze and everything stops working and instead of it taking me to the sign in screen. i have to manually exit the app then open a different app to get the directv now app to reset itself before it will open and load itself properly.
Message 32 of 93

Service is down!

Message 33 of 93
Teacher

@Directvnowcare - this does *not* resolve the issue. I have been having the same problem for two weeks now, with multiple devices and platforms. Logged in, watching either a streaming or recorded show, when the app simply drops out to the login screen.

I have force-stopped, cleared the cache, rebooted the device, uninstalled and reinstalled the application, all multiple times. The problem continues.

Your service is unacceptably unstable for a production application - especially one people are paying to use!

Normally beta testers are compensated for their time and effort. Either pay us (free service until it is stable) or stop charging people for a service that does not work.

Message 34 of 93
Teacher

I gave up and canceled my subscription. This issue and streaming
performance late evening makes the service unusable. And, I have the
highest level of AT&T UVerse internet service. Going to try Vue.
Message 35 of 93
Contributor

DirectvNow crashes repeatedly on Amazon Fire TV Box and Stick and then ask for my password?

Why does my DirectvNow app crash repeatedly throughout the day on Amazon Fire TV Box and Stick and then ask for my password?  It's one thing that the app crashes (which Directv Now needs to get figured out quickly), but it's another that I have to re-enter the password everytime.  This is the only app doing this and I don't have a problem streaming any other app.  Why is this happening Directv Now???

Message 36 of 93

Re: DirectvNow crashes repeatedly on Amazon Fire TV Box and Stick and then ask for my password?

This is still an on going issue just about everyone is having.  AT&T DirecTV is aware of the issue however they still give the same robo response.  Try to uninstall the app and reinstall the app and also try to reboot the device.  It's an annoyance but until they can come up with a fix it's something that we are all having to deal with.

Message 37 of 93
Contributor

why do i have to constantly log in?

i have to log into my account 10 times a day on my fire tv    why?   and why the buffering during prime time?

Message 38 of 93
Contributor

Any other solutions that actually work?

Message 39 of 93
Teacher

I figured it out, if they let the password prompt keep popping up, people will stop watching like I did, and that will solve the bandwidth issues of too many people watching at one time.  I have definitely noticed I am not getting the spinning wheel of insanity as much.

Oh, did I forget to say the password prompt is still an issue? 

Message 40 of 93
Contributor

Repeated logging in to DirecTV Now?!

Spoiler
How can I stop the repeated request to login to DIRECTV NOW?! This is so frustrating!
Message 41 of 93
Teacher

They probably have one developer fixing issues and 50 managers sending
him in different directions. So sad.
Message 42 of 93

Re: DirectvNow crashes repeatedly on Amazon Fire TV Box and Stick and then ask for my password?

I've had to reboot the Fire Stick multiple times the past week. Like you,  it just stops and prompts for your password. 
Waiting for the Roku launch. We have three Roku's.  I have faith Roku will do a better job.

Message 43 of 93
Contributor

Sign in for directv now.

Why do I have to sign into my directv now on my fire stick every time I use it.
Message 44 of 93

This is not a device issue but a incompetence issue on Directv engineers side.  I also have a Roku but feel that these guys should first get the app stable on the existing devices before they even spend even an hour working on development on a new device. 

Message 45 of 93
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support