Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Animal Planet Black Out

Scholar

Animal Planet Black Out

Gosh, why in the heck am I getting a "Black Out", error 70 on "Animal Planet"? Come on, get your act together. (I had to change the first four words of this post because the forum auto check said I used a bad word "he!!".)

Message 3 of 14
Contributor

Error 70 on Animal Planet

I'm receiving an Error 70 (Blackout) on Animal Planet!  

Madagascar is blacked out in your area on Animal Planet. For more info, view Help Center article Error 70.

Sporting events are one thing, indeed that is all the Error 70 link talks about is sports blackouts, but Animal Planet?  Come on Directv Now get it together!   

Message 1 of 14
Community Support

Re: Error 70 on Animal Planet

Hello @PerCuriam,

We apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate you reporting this.  This issue has been escalated to our support teams and will hopefully be corrected soon.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 14
Guru

Re: Animal Planet Black Out

Some programs on the Animal Planet don't have the rights to be streamed. Noticed that on other services.

Message 4 of 14
Scholar

Re: Animal Planet Black Out

The show was "Tanks" and I watched it last week. Then it was the "Yule Log" that was blacked out. I just checked again and now it is no longer blacked out. Obviously it is a Directv Now software glitch.

Message 5 of 14
Contributor

I am having the same issue on the same channel! Also keep getting kicked out from time to time and have to log back in. I am not experiencing these issues with other services that I am streaming through. What's up?!?
Message 6 of 14
Contributor

The last straw for me. I am cancelling Directv Now.
Message 7 of 14
Contributor

Just saw this error last night for a program on Animal Planet, so it doesn't seem like any progress has been made to fix this issue at all. Not good.

Message 8 of 14

I'm getting the blackout error for animal planet. This is unacceptable!!  What am I paying for again?

Message 9 of 14

I stream at 100mbs (I test religiously) and this piece of garbage has been stuck and buffering all day. I just signed up and as soon as they took my 1st payment all the demons I've been hearing about with this app set in. Believe this may be 30 days and out!

Message 10 of 14
Contributor

I'm getting a blackout notice for Animal Planet (Error 70). It was working fine this morning and now won't work when I want to watch Pitbulls and Parolees (my favorite show and the only reason I really even have DirecTV Now). Help!

Message 11 of 14
Contributor

It seems to be working now. Fingers crossed.

Message 12 of 14
Contributor

Animal Planet is blacked out for Monster Fish. I watched 2 episodes but now it says blacked out. I just switched to this streaming service 2 days ago. It was great until today. Black outs on Animal Planet seem stupid. I watched this show streaming on other services. As the previous person stated, this is not a sporting event; it is Animal Planet for goodness sake.If this keeps up I'm switching back to my old service.

Message 13 of 14
Teacher

5/5/18 getting error as well.

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support