Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Animal Planet Black Out

Contributor

Animal Planet Black Out

WHY am I getting Animal Planet error 70 blackout??!!

Message 1 of 9
Contributor

I am getting error 70 on Animal planet and there is no way to talk to customer service about it.  I keep trying to “chat” with them, but it continues to send me to an account sign in page which I have already done.  I pay for a package that includes Animal planet, yet I am unable to watch a show that is aired on it.  Doesn’t seem right and there is zero support from Direct TV Now!  I will be sure to let everyone I know about Direct Tv’s lack of support and I will be cancelling my subscription.  Pathetic Direct TV Now!!!

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Professor

Don't be over dramatic, the Animal planet is NOT blacked out!. A particular show might not be able to be streamed over the internet, which has nothing to do with Direc tv now. 

Message 3 of 9
Contributor

If that is the case then so be it. My point is that there is no way to get in touch with someone from Direct TV Now to explain this to me and that is poor customer service..... if in fact this is the case.
Message 4 of 9
Professor
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎05-18-2018 10:01 AM

I'm pretty sure the previous poster is correct. There are certain shows that don't stream at all, on any streaming service, which is a decision the network has made and nothing DirecTV NOW can do about it. I agree customer service could be better, but I have never had trouble getting in touch with chat support. It can be argued how helpful chat support really is with certain topics though. However, you came to the official DirecTV NOW community support forum and got your answer, so, you did get help in the end.
Message 5 of 9
Teacher

AT&T has always been in this practice and it shocks people.it's not about the customer it's about the shareholders bottom line.

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

Why after all this time are we getting error70 when we have been watching a program since we signed up for directv now

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Expert

If you are using the new app with a Apple device then you should be aware they are having major issues across the board.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 9
Mentor

i watch the same channel every week same shows and i get the blackout message on different channels also besides animal planet,theres a issue for sure

how can we watch a said show one week then next day its blacked out

no one here knows why they just answer to what the think the issue is ,or say there isnt a issue,not sure what they get out of it or why they defend issues,known issues,thats how things dont get fixed or take longer to fix

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support