Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Abc is blacked out in my area

Abc is blacked out in my area

I’ve only had the service for a month and every morning at 9am the channel goes black and says “ Live with Kelly and Ryan is blacked out in your area on ABC “ again this has been happening every single morning. Then at 10 am the channel goes back on. I’ve contacted the chat customer service and they don’t know why it’s happening and they haven’t fixed this problem! 

Message 1 of 9
Professor

Re: Abc is blacked out in my area

Nothing to fix Abc doesn't have the streaming right, happens on every streaming service 

Message 2 of 9

It’s only for one hour from 9am till 10am. After that it works. 

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Taraaaaaaa
‎04-03-2018 7:53 AM

It’s because who ever has the broadcasting rights to Kelly & Ryan doesn’t allow the program to be streamed.

Has nothing to do with the channel being blacked out its the show.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Professor

Rigt the content producers won't allow Kelly and Ryan to be streamed over the internet,  AT&T has no control. 

Message 5 of 9

Thank you. I’m still  perplexed though. Wouldn’t it be the channel all together? They get licensing per show? Weird so weird 

Message 6 of 9
Professor

The show is syndicated, even thoug Abc has the rights. They don't want it streamed.

Message 7 of 9

Why?!!!! 

Message 8 of 9
Tutor

I had similar experience,  after one month. Try uninstalling directv now app then reinstall and add your login info again.  

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support