Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T TV xbox app

Tutor

AT&T TV xbox app

The website says they are working on an native AT&T TV Xbox app... 

I'm currently using YouTube TV on the Xbox and it's really good, but since I have better value with AT&T. Is there a way to solve this? 

Or I need to cancel AT&T TV? 

Message 7 of 23
Contributor

When will DirecTV Now be on Xbox One :-)

I am just wondering when DirecTV now will be on Xbox One :-) I would definitely drop all my other services when this is to happen especially when they add DVR and a third stream :-)  any timeline at all on this?

Message 1 of 23
ACE - Expert

Re: When will DirecTV Now be on Xbox One :-)

We are only customers here. No one has any idea and at best would be speculation.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 23
ACE - Master

Per "official" announcements, DVR is expected (though not promised) in the next month or two.  Third stream expected sometime this year (unknown if bundled or extra cost).  XBox app has never been officially committed to at all, so certainly no clue as to if, let alone when.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 23
Contributor

It should be coming because it lists XBOX One on the website as "not yet available":

Not Yet Available

• XBOX One

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/212447843-What-devices-and-browsers-can-be-used-with-D...

Message 4 of 23
ACE - Master

I think that is reading a whole lot into the word "yet" - it has said the exact same thing for a year and a half.  I assume the wording means that at some point someone responsible for that page thought that someone had proposed doing an XBox app.   Even if that's true, it's a long way from someone in authority actually committing to do such an app, and still further from one actually being in development.  I personally would prefer if they just deleted that section - that wouldn't mean that they would never develop an XBox app, but would reduce the impression that some people get that one is almost ready to release.

Message 5 of 23
Contributor

From what I've read online, someone on Reddit mentioned they spoke directly with one of the developers of the Xbox app. So it seems to be in the works still.
Personally I have no vested interest however as I'm currently using a different service until the Xbox app is ready.
Message 6 of 23
ACE - Master

Re: DIRECTV Now xbox app

I would simply use a supported device. The Xbox is a power gobbling boat anchor.

Message 8 of 23
ACE - Expert

You need to cancel. The new app is being pushed and based on the documentation there is no reference to the device in the future.

According to AT&T starting today the following devices will get the new DIRECTV NOW app with DVR:

• Apple iOS 10+
  • Apple TV (4th gen & higher running tvOS 10+)
  • Chromecast (2nd gen & higher for iOS)
  • Chromecast Built-in TV (Select models only)

New directvnow.com watch experience on:

• Google Chrome browser
  • Safari browser

AT&T says that recent-generation Android, Fire TV, and Roku will get the new app in the coming weeks.

Message 9 of 23
ACE - Master

The only way it would happen is if Microsloth decided it was in their interests. If you want a port I'd talk to them.

Given their current problems, I wouldn't want to see DTVN put resources into a new port, and 30M new users would bury them.:-)

Message 10 of 23
Contributor

what current problems? the Xbox One works flawlessly.  Get your facts straight dude

Message 11 of 23
ACE - Master

Whether the Xbox One works flawlessly or not (which I would guess it doesn't - nothing is flawless) is irrelevant.  There is no DirecTV Now app for Xbox, and there won't be unless and until DirecTV Now decides it makes sense for them to devote the resources needed to making an app to run on it - if it is even possible given the resources (codecs, DRM modules, etc.) that exist on the Xbox.  The problems that @beww357 referred to are ones that DirecTV Now has been suffering with their recent service and app updates - nothing to do with Xbox.  Until they resolve all their current issues, DirecTV Now isn't going to be devoting resources to new platforms, and once they do, Xbox may or may not be high on their list of additional platforms.

Message 12 of 23
Contributor

If they came out with a Xbox one app I would definitely move my phone and drop sling in favor of DirectTV Now.

Message 13 of 23
ACE - Master

It might happen someday - I wouldn't expect it very soon, since they have a lot of other issues they are currently working on.

Message 14 of 23

what a twit.

Message 15 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support