Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T TV on Amazon FireTV/ Stick - App Install & Troubleshooting

Community Support

AT&T TV on Amazon FireTV/ Stick - App Install & Troubleshooting

Amazon.jpg

Some smart TVs & Devices already have the AT&T TV app installed. If not, not to worry, getting it is easy and you'll find steps below. 

Getting an error Code? AT&T TV Error Messages.

AT&T TV App Install - Amazon Devices 

From Your Device From The Web (amazon.com)
  1. Go to the Amazon Appstore from your compatible device.
  2. Search or Scroll to the right and select “AT&T TV”
  3. Select “Download”
  4. The AT&T TV app will download and install on your device. 
  1. Go to the AT&T TV app.
  2. Log into the Amazon account linked to the Fire/Stick TV
  3. Select the device you want the app installed to from the dropdown.

4. Select the Deliver button.
  5. The AT&T TV app will download and install on your device.

Amazon device & AT&T TV Troubleshooting

In most instances, restarting your device or uninstalling/ reinstalling the AT&T TV app can resolve most issue. If that does not work, we have some solutions below that may.

How to update the AT&T TV application?

1. In the left menu, select Settings.
  2. Scroll to and select the Apps menu.
  3. Scroll down to highlight and select the Appstore.
  4. Use the center touchpad button to set automatic updates to "on." 

Screen Resolution

1. From the main screen, scroll down to “Settings”
  2. Select “Display & Sounds”
  3. Scroll down and select “Display”
  4. Select the resolution mode of your preference. 

Audio Issues?

1. Make sure the audio on your TV isn't muted.
  2. If going through another sound device, remove it and connect directly to the TV for testing purposes.  
  3. From the Home screen, go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Dolby Digital Output and make sure Dolby Digital Plus is set to OFF.
  4. Unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable connecting Fire TV device to your TV. You may need to try a different HDMI cable. 

Causes and Solutions for buffering issues

1. Change your video resolution to a lower setting for testing purposes
    • Holding BACK and REVERSE and RIGHT and SELECT simultaneously for 10 seconds, the Fire TV will begin to cycle through various resolution settings. It will stop at each setting for 10 seconds and cycle to the next option if you do not press SELECT. Pressing SELECT will save the current display setting.
    • Go to Settings > Display > video resolution
    • You can also access the hidden video resolution options by:
  2. If connected WiFi, make sure you are connected to a 5Ghz connection.
  3. Close any background apps, like Kodi or Plex.
  4. Ensure the software for the Amazon device and AT&T TV are up to date.
  5. Clear disk space
    • Go to your Amazon device home screen.
    • Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
    • Look at the Internal Space at the bottom left corner. If it's at 1GB or less, you will need to clear some space.
  6. Move electronics away for the Amaxon device. Some can emit RF interference that can affect Wi-Fi and cause buffering.
  7. Change your power supply. If your device is not getting enough power from the power cable or the outlet, buffering can occur. We suggest connecting directly into the electrical outlet instead of going through a surge protector.

Note: Compatible with Generation 2 and above.

-ATTCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Buffering Problems with Amazon Fire TV

I purchased the 3 month package on Saturday night.  I was home ALL DAY on sunday and this service was unwatchable the entire time.  I tried again last night and even after rebooting my router and my fireTV it still buffers for 20 seconds and then I get about 8 seconds of TV.  I was told by support to try what is below.

Has anyone tried any of this?  And does any of it help?  I mean Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix all worked just fine these days (and for the past 10 years).  I need to know if this service really sucks or if it could be something I can fix easily.

Buffering Issues?

1. Change your video resolution to a lower setting for testing purposes
    • Go to Settings > Display > video resolution
    • You can also access the hidden video resolution options by:
      • Holding BACK and REVERSE and RIGHT and SELECT simultaneously for 10 seconds, the Fire TV will begin to cycle through various resolution settings. It will stop at each setting for 10 seconds and cycle to the next option if you do not press SELECT. Pressing SELECT will save the current display setting.
  2. If connected WiFi, make sure you are connected to a 5Ghz connection.
  3. Close any background apps, like Kodi or Plex.
  4. Ensure the software for the Amazon device and DIRECTV NOW are up to date.
  5. Clear disk space
    • Go to your Amazon device home screen.
    • Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
    • Look at the Internal Space at the bottom left corner. If it's at 1GB or less, you will need to clear some space.
  6. Move your Amazon device at least 6 feet away from your TV.  Some TVs can cause RF interference which would interfere with the WiFi signal, causing unnecessary buffering.
  7. Change your power supply. If your device is not getting enough power from the power cable or the outlet, buffering can occur. We suggest connecting directly into the electrical outlet instead of going through a surge protector.
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

Amazon Stick and Video Resolution

I'm trying to resolve buffering issues. I'm watching TV on Sony Bravia Ultra HD. What resolution should I choose to help resolve issue? Currently, is set on auto which states this is best for TV.

This is very frustrating. Has anyone figured out what is going on with this constant buffering especially during prime time?

Message 3 of 4
Tutor

No Sound on Amazon Fire TV (1st Gen)

My Directv Now app opens and streams picture, but it's muted. Is there anyway I can navigate to settings, so I can turn off the "mute on startup" option? I've been playing around with the app and can't seem to find the settings menu.

Please help.

Thanks

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support