Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T TV NOW on your Apple TV

Community Support

AT&T TV NOW on your Apple TV

AT&T TV NOW on Apple TV

How do I install the AT&T TV NOW application?

1. Open the App Store on your Apple TV device.
  2. Use the search function of the App Store to find AT&T TV NOW.
  3. Select the AT&T TV NOW application and then select the “Get for free” option.
  4. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password. The application will begin to download.
  5. For more information about the App Store on your Apple TV check here.

How do I find the AT&T TV NOW application?

1. Ensure you have downloaded the AT&T TV NOW application via the App Store.
  2. You can launch the application from the App Store if it is installed.
  3. Alternatively you can use the Apple TV search function to find the installed application.
  4. For details regarding arranging applications check here.

How do I update the AT&T TV NOW application?

1. By default, every Apple TV device will automatically update the AT&T TV NOW application when a new version is available.
  2. If you have disabled automatic updates, go to the App Store and select the AT&T TV NOW application. Updates will be available on the application page.

How do I remove the AT&T TV NOW application?

1. Highlight the AT&T TV NOW application and hold down the select button until the application starts to shake.
  2. Press the play/pause button and then choose to delete the application.

Is Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound available?

• Yes. It is available on the On Demand content that provides it. For Live TV, it is not available.

Issues with AT&T TV NOW on your Apple TV?

If you are running into issues playing AT&T TV NOW on your Apple TV, such as issues with the application starting or picture/sound issues, these steps can help repair your service.

Test the Internet connection on your Apple TV

1. From the Apple TV home menu, select Settings.
  2. Select Network then under Connection it should say Connected.
  3. If your Apple TV is not connected to WiFi visit the Apple TV support site here to configure the device.

Force close the AT&T TV NOW application

1. Double tap the Home button on the Apple TV remote.
  2. Move between applications left or right until AT&T TV NOW is highlighted.
  3. Slide the application up so that it is no longer selectable.
  4. Press the home button to return back to the main screen
  5. Launch the AT&T TV NOW application again.

Power cycle your Apple TV

1. Unplug the Apple TV device for at least 30 seconds.
  2. Plug in the Apple TV device.
  3. Launch the AT&T TV NOW application.

Troubleshoot your hardware connection

1. Make sure that an HDMI cable is being used.
  2. Verify you are connecting the Apple TV directly to your television.
  3. Try disconnecting your HDMI cable from the Apple TV and your television.
  4. Try another HDMI port on your TV.
  5. Replace your HDMI with a different one.
  6. If available, try an HDMI port on another TV.

Getting an error Code?

• Find out what it means here

Sign-in Issues

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

-ATTCustomerCare 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 36
Teacher

Service temporarily unavailable

I get a service temporarily unavailable try again later since installing the DTV app on a new gen 4 Apple TV. The app works on my iPhone but has never worked on the Apple TV. And yes Internet connection is good. Removed and installed app several times and also rebooted Apple TV several times
Message 16 of 36
Community Support

Re: Service temporarily unavailable

Hey @Xwrench, Tha's pretty strange. Make sure that you have the most up to date iOS. Check out some of the posts on our Help Center that go over troubleshooting tips for Apple TV General DIRECTV NOW tips for Apple TV: Let us know if you're still having this issue.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 36
Teacher

This happening on 2 Apple TV 'a. Not iOS

iOS works
Message 18 of 36
Teacher

Yes Apple TV is updated
Message 19 of 36
Teacher

I have set up 3 Apple TV's and all say service temporarliy unavailable try again later. All have been updated. I am assuming this is at your end at this point. Any ideas or can you confirm why there is a service outage?

Message 20 of 36
Contributor

QP1401 - "Something went wrong on our end and we are working to fix it. Please refresh."

QP1401 - "Something went wrong on our end and we are working to fix it. Please refresh."

My wife and I have been trying to watch the last episode of "Designated Survivor" for the last week. Every time we try to watch it, we get the error QP1401 - "Something went wrong on our end and we are working to fix it. Please refresh.". I don't understand why it will not load. The second to last episode comes up fine. I've also experienced a high rate of freezing or picture dropping out just in passing. Not impressed with DirecTV Now at all.

I am watching on a 4th gen Apple TV.

Message 21 of 36
ACE - Expert

Re: QP1401 - "Something went wrong on our end and we are working to fix it. Please refresh.&quo

@engr01 wrote:

I am watching on a 4th gen Apple TV.

Make sure you are running the lastest DirecTV Now software (ver. 1.0.4 from Jan 11th) on your AppleTV.  Many people have been having great results on that version.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 36
Contributor

DirecTV Now not working on Apple TV

For over 24 hours now the DirecTV Now app is not streaming on my Apple TV. When I open the app, I get a black screen with the following words "Sorry!  The service is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later."  I cannot move from this screen.  I cannot even access the "settings" page.  It is literally stuck on the black screen.  What's the problem?  How can I fix this?

Message 23 of 36
Community Support

Re: DirecTV Now not working on Apple TV

Hey @Colihl,

We're happy to help you and apologize about the trouble. Check out this article on Apple TV Troubleshooting with DIRECTV NOW. Let us know if you continue to have issues.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Message 24 of 36
Contributor

Re: DirecTV Now not working on Apple TV

This has been happening for over a month on both of my AppleTV devices. Have submitted 2 cases with support who say they are working on it and to try again later This is becoming ridiculous. Asked for a credit since I've prepaid for the service to get this device but they refused...terrible customer service
Message 25 of 36
Contributor

Same problem here on 2 different Apple TVs. Been an issue for over a month. Still no resolution
Message 26 of 36
Teacher

Re: Apple TV. Audio but no picture on certain channels. Error QP1004006

Note the instructions should be updated.  It is not necessary to Power cycle AppleTV, which could be inconvient depending on where it's located.  The same thing can be accomplished by just Restart AppleTV using just the remote.  Press Menu until you are at the main/initial screen showing all apps.  From the select the AppleTV Settings app.  Select System and finally select Restart.  This accomplishes the same thing in the AppleTV system software as pulling the plug without getting off the couch.  This solution worked for me when I was expering QP1401 on my AppleTV at the same time my iPhone app was working fine.  I originally commented on this after seeing svn132's solution of cycling power in another thread.

Message 27 of 36
Scholar

Scott's right, no need to power cycle an Apple TV. There is no other app that every requires that, or should. Only Apple should be the ones to tell if you if you need to power cycle one of their products. Restarting the Apple TV through the Settings app is sufficient.

Message 28 of 36
Teacher

here is one of the few great answers that are here file the FCC and BBB complaints NOW on ATT

Message 29 of 36
Teacher

here is one of the few great answers that are here file the FCC and BBB complaints NOW on ATT

i received 90 back and the apple tv

Message 30 of 36
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support