Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Apple TV. Audio but no picture on certain channels. Error QP1004006

Community Support

AT&T TV NOW on your Apple TV

AT&T TV NOW on Apple TV

How do I install the AT&T TV NOW application?

1. Open the App Store on your Apple TV device.
  2. Use the search function of the App Store to find AT&T TV NOW.
  3. Select the AT&T TV NOW application and then select the “Get for free” option.
  4. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password. The application will begin to download.
  5. For more information about the App Store on your Apple TV check here.

How do I find the AT&T TV NOW application?

1. Ensure you have downloaded the AT&T TV NOW application via the App Store.
  2. You can launch the application from the App Store if it is installed.
  3. Alternatively you can use the Apple TV search function to find the installed application.
  4. For details regarding arranging applications check here.

How do I update the AT&T TV NOW application?

1. By default, every Apple TV device will automatically update the AT&T TV NOW application when a new version is available.
  2. If you have disabled automatic updates, go to the App Store and select the AT&T TV NOW application. Updates will be available on the application page.

How do I remove the AT&T TV NOW application?

1. Highlight the AT&T TV NOW application and hold down the select button until the application starts to shake.
  2. Press the play/pause button and then choose to delete the application.

Is Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound available?

• Yes. It is available on the On Demand content that provides it. For Live TV, it is not available.

Issues with AT&T TV NOW on your Apple TV?

If you are running into issues playing AT&T TV NOW on your Apple TV, such as issues with the application starting or picture/sound issues, these steps can help repair your service.

Test the Internet connection on your Apple TV

1. From the Apple TV home menu, select Settings.
  2. Select Network then under Connection it should say Connected.
  3. If your Apple TV is not connected to WiFi visit the Apple TV support site here to configure the device.

Force close the AT&T TV NOW application

1. Double tap the Home button on the Apple TV remote.
  2. Move between applications left or right until AT&T TV NOW is highlighted.
  3. Slide the application up so that it is no longer selectable.
  4. Press the home button to return back to the main screen
  5. Launch the AT&T TV NOW application again.

Power cycle your Apple TV

1. Unplug the Apple TV device for at least 30 seconds.
  2. Plug in the Apple TV device.
  3. Launch the AT&T TV NOW application.

Troubleshoot your hardware connection

1. Make sure that an HDMI cable is being used.
  2. Verify you are connecting the Apple TV directly to your television.
  3. Try disconnecting your HDMI cable from the Apple TV and your television.
  4. Try another HDMI port on your TV.
  5. Replace your HDMI with a different one.
  6. If available, try an HDMI port on another TV.

Getting an error Code?

• Find out what it means here

Sign-in Issues

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

-ATTCustomerCare 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 36
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTTVNOWHelp
‎11-22-2016 8:06 AM

Re: AT&T TV NOW on your Apple TV

If still having issues, here are a few other posts that may help:

Fixing Buffering/Streaming issues

Adjusting your Stream Settings

Understanding Error Codes

Understanding Blackouts

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 36
Teacher

Re: DIRECTV NOW on your Apple TV

First, the app sucks (I am using AppleTV 4th gen). I get that it is a 1.0 version and will be updated to be better in time. Honestly, I don't even care about using the DirecTV Now app right now. I care more about being able to use the network apps (History, AMC, Fox Now...) to watch TV content. The problem is that DirecTV Now is not an option for service provider when I try to connect those apps... or the AppleTV app (one sign-in feature). Instead of making us all wait for the DirecTV Now app to be good, please use your time to ensure it is a listed provider so we can use the apps that are good to watch content now (while we wait for your app to become usable). 

Message 3 of 36
Contributor

Audio but no video defect in directv now on appletV

Addressed to any ATT person that can provide useful information on this topic:

when will the problem of audio but no video on appletv be fixed?

To marketing: what credit will be supplied for paying for a defective product?

I'm out $105 for trying an ATT product that is defective.

Support says in chat no refunds or credits will be offered. 

That's not going to fly.

Message 4 of 36
Contributor

Re: Audio but no video defect in directv now on appletV

I installed the app on my Apple TV but dont see NBC as a channel option even though I see it on my phone and PC. Same for Comcast Sports Network.

Message 5 of 36
Contributor

yes me too, $105 down the drain for pre paying. Sling worked much better so did HULU and Netflix. This app is so buggy.

Message 6 of 36
Contributor

yes me too, $105 down the drain for pre paying. Sling worked much better so did HULU and Netflix. This app is so buggy.

Message 7 of 36
Teacher

Error trying to load live tv

I keep getting an error while watching live tv where the picture goes black and says channel could not load. Sometimes I can still hear sound but can't see picture. I have reset Apple TV and modem severs times. What is going on? This is frustrating!
Message 8 of 36
Teacher

Unable to get to home screen

I am trouble getting to the menu on directv now using my Apple TV that's says home, shows, movies, network. I have no trouble with my tv utilizing amazon fire but can't get to this menu with Apple TV using the Apple TV remote. Help please!
Tags (2)
Message 9 of 36
Contributor

Get audio but no video error qp1004006

Can view some channels but most display this error and only have audio. It shows a picture for 2 seconds when you first select the channel. Using Apple TV
Message 10 of 36
Scholar

Re: Get audio but no video error qp1004006

As far as the Home screen issue, I was using a Harmony remote to control the Apple TV and found that it will not duplicate the "Up Swipe" function of the remote that comes with the Apple TV  remote.  The one  remote gesture seems to be the only way to get you out of the guide and returns you to the Home screen. Unfortunatly I have keep the Apple TV remote handy. I would suggest DirectTV add a Home menu button to the guide screen. 

Message 11 of 36
Tutor

Re: Get audio but no video error qp1004006

I too prepaid $105 for this crappie app. I plan to return the Apple TV unopened box to Apple Store for a store credit of $140 and use it in future. I am surprised that we don't have option to return the Apple TV and get back 105. I am feeling very bitter about this purchase. 

Message 12 of 36
Contributor

Apple TV. Audio but no picture on certain channels. Error QP1004006

This error pops up on the Apple TV app on certain channels. These same channels also do not load on Chrome.

Message 13 of 36
Highlighted
Contributor

Same for me too? How do I watch movies on DirecTV Now App on the Apple TV? I can see movies on my iPhone.

Message 14 of 36
ACE - Expert

@aswanisuri wrote:

Same for me too? How do I watch movies on DirecTV Now App on the Apple TV? I can see movies on my iPhone.

Swipe down from the top.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 36
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support