Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T TV NOW New TV Experience - True Cloud DVR (beta)

Community Support

AT&T TV NOW New TV Experience - True Cloud DVR (beta)

With AT&T TV NOW, you now have the ability to store 20 hours of programming at no extra charge.

• You can keep the content for up to 30 days.
  • Once you reach 20 hours of storage, the oldest recording will be deleted.
  • With True Cloud DVR(beta), we’re still testing things out so you’re likely to see a few updates as we work on it.

RECORDING

• Content Airing Now
    1. While streaming live content, select REC
      • On a computer, REC appears in the lower-right of the video player. 
      • On a mobile device, tap the screen to display additional options and select REC.
    2. A confirmation will display and REC will highlight red.
    3. To watch later, go to My Library > DVR Recordings to view your playlist.
  • Record a scheduled show or series 
    1. Select a scheduled show from the Guide.
    2. Select Record or Record Series to add the title to your DVR Recordings.

At the moment, some channels are not currently available for live recording, such as HBO, HBO Family, HBO Latino, and Cinemax - but stay tuned for more updates.

WATCH A RECORDING AND MANAGER YOUR PLAYLIST

1. Go to My Library > DVR Recordings.
  2. Select a title from your list to watch. Or select Delete Recording to delete.
  3. Select Upcoming Recordings to view what’s scheduled to record. You can delete titles from recording 

TROUBLESHOOTING

• Content not Recording
    • Not all content is recordable per content provider rights.
    • If you are not subscribed to that channel, you will not be able to record it. Check your package to see if you are subscribed to that channel or if it is a local channel or regional sports channel, check to see if it is available to you.
    • You will not be able to record the channel if it is currently not available in your area. If you are traveling, you may no longer be able to access your local channels, so if you are trying to record a show in your area that is not available at your current location, it will give you an error.
    • If the show has no upcoming air dates, it will not allow you to record. If you search for a show and there are no upcoming airings of that show in the next 14 days, you will get an error message stating you are not able to record the show, since there are no listings for that show in the system.
  • Unable to Watch Recording
    • Test to see if you are having the same issue on another device.
    • Restart the device.
    • Make sure your device and the AT&T TV NOW app are up to date.
    • Check your internet connection.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the app.
    • If still having issues, the program may be corrupt. You may be able to view the content with 72-Hour Rewind or through one of our supported 3rd Party Network Apps or Sites.

-ATTCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 53
Contributor

Re: DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience - True Cloud DVR (beta)

I think that before increasing their pricing, even $5, they should get it right at least!!  It hangs, freezes, chops use recordings, resets to start, deletes movies even when it isn’t nearly full, it doesn’t give you but one air date to choose from to record (only the next one o the schedule), and glitches on demand access though I’ve subscribed to the channels, even on demand channels I’ve purchased.  And not all the channels show up on either the Apple or Amazon Fire TV devices.  It has improved since the launch menu wise, but a long way to go to be of a professional quality.  For the original pricing, I put up with it, but then, Cinemax doesn’t even have access license to it’s app!!  Good Greg!  And STARZ is extremely limited in on demand offerings without going to the app.  I find it difficult to understand the value add to I crea pricing, and costs are intrinsic to the development and advancement of any technology, I’m certain.  Must offer a marketable product to invent customers to stick it out while you get the kinks out!!  Shame!

Message 16 of 53
Mentor

To record live events pre-event with a buffer just select the next program(s) in the guide and there's your buffer.  I used it last weekend for the NASCAR race.  With TiVO for my OTA recordings I can just add a predetermined length.  The additional program recording as suggested does the same thing.

Message 17 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to online news articles the DirecTV Now DVR will be exiting beta status on August 29, 2018 it will include 20 hours of storage at no additional cost. Their will be add on's at an additional monthly cost if you need more than 20 hours of storage space. https://bgr.com/2018/08/25/directv-now-cloud-dvr-how-to-use-for-free/

Message 18 of 53
Contributor

I am having this problem as well. Was it resolved?

Message 19 of 53
Contributor

I keep having shows being recorded in my library that I have not set to record . I keep deleting them. I have set to record then cancel the recording to try to trouble shoot but three shows keep getting recorded that I did not set to record and do not want and do not want to waste my space and potentially miss a recording that I actually want

Message 20 of 53
Contributor

Still have beta and it is horrible—crashing and freezing all the time and screwing up scheduled recordings with code errors.  I have a first rate connectivity and only one using it, and only the directv now is my headache.im fed up eve though I was locked into the first customer price, it’s not worth the aggravation, and I am changing providers or rather , already did, with a great streaming deal, works well, and will cancel this service before it renews again.

ive bern waiting for something that gives me what I want, and not 100+ things I don’t, and doesn’t freeze or screw up or fall out repeatedly.  I more than given this service a chance so I don’t feel like I wasn’t patient and proactively reached out to get help with the problems, but they have competitors now and lots of them, and user friendly and most of them are working on cloud dvr options for streaming plans.  

I’m done complaining and asking for them

to clean it up and offer better services AND pricing incrntives for add ons.  My new service gives me the channels I want and premium channels at a bundle discount, and more options,and menu is much better, and more network apps too.  No equipment or contracts either, so I’m much happier now.  Too bad DTN didn’t try; I tend to stick with companies a long time if they respond effectively, and overlook flaws if they are infrequent or resolution is coming.  Tooo bad.

Message 21 of 53
Contributor

what's the service you now have that is working better than the DTN?

Message 22 of 53
ACE - Expert

It would be the use of the networking apps if they offer those options for what you are viewing. The apps have always offered better content and a improved performance experienced.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 53

I have this same issue, plus others:

1.  Stuff I've never set to record is recording.

2.  I can't cancel an entire series, just one at a time through "Upcoming Recordings."

3.  Even if I set it to record "New Episodes" only, it records all episodes.

Flakey-ist DVR I've ever seen, hate it!  I tried to chat into customer service and they were no help.  I know this is Beta, but seriously fix the basic issues!

Message 24 of 53
Contributor

What a dumpster fire of an app. Hard to imagine how this could be made a worse interface. For instance; no information on how to cancel a series that I no longer want to record. Not available on the Roku app, no information in any of the support docs, nothing for web or iOS versions. Completely unintuitive interface. It's like AT&T is intentionally trying to drive customers away. Trying to chat, I realized it's with a chat-bot. No progress.

HOW on earth can I cancel a series that I no longer want to record? I only have the option to delete (trash icon) the one recorded show; no identifiable option to cancel the series. GAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Message 25 of 53

I finally figured out how to cancel a series recording.  If you search for the show from the main page (Guide, My Library, Search, etc.), then select a show, it gives you the option to either cancel the recording or record the series.  I had to hunt for this as it's not called out in any of their support documents.    

Message 26 of 53

Search for the show from their main page, then select the show, and on the show information page it has the open to record or cancel recording.  I had to hunt and hunt for this.  Good luck!!

Message 27 of 53
Contributor

The main page for one particular show does *not* have the "cancel recording" option for the series. Only the "trash" icon to delete the one recording. Even DirecTV Now support doesn't know how to do this. What a joke.

Message 28 of 53

Mine does. It’s the only way I’ve been able to cancel an entire series. Took forever to find it. I hope you eventually have some luck and can find it!
Message 29 of 53
Contributor

DVR is awful.  My biggest complaint, and it's huge, is that I have selected to record only new episodes, but it records every episode.  These shows are in syndication on many channels, and some have days where it plays all day.  This means that recordings of episodes I have not yet watched get dropped for 12 year old reruns, because the 20 hour limit is used up.  The only way I can get in touch with tech support is via Twitter DM.  They were no help.  Just said it was in beta.

Message 30 of 53
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support