Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T TV NOW Apple Single Sign On, Universal (Siri) Search and TV app integration for AppleTV

Community Support

AT&T TV NOW Apple Single Sign On, Universal (Siri) Search and TV app integration for AppleTV

AT&T launched Apple Universal Services, a deep integration with the Apple TV app that promotes ease of access to AT&T TV NOW content across all AT&T TV NOW supported Apple devices. Here are some pro-tips on how to get the most out of the new integrated experience:

Apple Single Sign On

Universal Search

Sports Tune-In

Siri Live Tune-In

TV App

Set AT&T TV NOW as your default TV provider through Apple Single Sign On

AT&T TV NOW is now integrated with Single Sign On. Single Sign On eliminates the need to reenter your credentials every time you watch content in the AT&T TV NOW app or a supported third-party programmer TVE apps. To get the most out of this integration:

From your Apple TV:

To set your TV Provider as AT&T TV NOW:

1. Go to “Settings” 
  2. Go to “Accounts” 
  3. Go to “TV Provider”
  4. Click ‘Sign In’ (If you see a TV provider already listed, go ahead and remove it by selecting "Remove TV Provider")
    • From TV Provider, if you see ‘Remove TV Provider’, with AT&T TV NOW listed, then you previously set AT&T TV NOW before we supported Single Sign On.
      1. Click ‘Remove TV provider’
      2. Click ‘Sign In’ to set your TV Provider as AT&T TV NOW once again
      3. Enter your AT&T TV NOW User ID and Password
    • You can only set one TV Provider on an iPhone or iPad, so if you are not logged in with AT&T TV NOW, you can log out by clicking ‘Sign Out’
  5. Select AT&T TV NOW from the list of TV Providers
  6. Enter your User ID and Password to sign-on
  7. AT&T TV NOW will now be set as your TV Provider on the iPhone / iPad

Congrats! You’re now logged in and will be able to seamlessly access supported apps.

In addition to signing into AT&T TV NOW using Single Sign On, you can also use Single Sign On to log in to other supported TVE applications.

UNIVERSAL SEARCH

You can now quickly access thousands of movies and TV episodes from AT&T TV NOW’s on-demand library through a simple voice search on your Apple TV remote.  

From your Apple TV:

• After setting AT&T TV NOW as your TV Provider in settings, you will be able to search for any on-demand title (TV show or Movie) from anywhere in the Apple TV using Siri on your remote. AT&T TV NOW will show as a playback option in search results if that content is available on AT&T TV NOW.
  • Some examples of what you can ask Siri to search for Siri on your remote:
    • “Show me Mr. Mercedes” - you will be taken to the Mr. Mercedes info page where you can one-click play in AT&T TV NOW
    • Search by genre by asking Siri to “Show Action Movies in AT&T TV NOW” or “Find Comedy Shows in AT&T TV NOW”
  • If the content for your search for is available in multiple apps, you can choose to “Open In” AT&T TV NOW if it is not already the default playback option.

SPORTS TUNE-IN

Quickly access your favorite sports events from AT&T TV NOW’s live airings through a simple search on your Apple TV. 

From your Apple TV:

• After setting AT&T TV NOW as your TV Provider in settings, you can search for Sports using Siri:
    • Ask Siri for an update by sport type or team name
    • “Show me the Saints game”, “Turn on the Saints game”, “Play the Saints game” “What’s the score of the Saints game” “The Saints”
      • If a live game is on, then Siri will show you the score and time of the game and take you to the live game in a streaming app.
      • If the game is available on multiple apps, Siri may choose the app in which to open the game.
    • Find Sports in TV App
      1. Open the TV App on your Apple TV
      2. Navigate to the ‘Sports’ tab
      3. See live and upcoming sports game. 
        • Clicking on a live game will open the game or ask you which app you wish to view the game in.
        • Clicking on an upcoming game will ask you to add the game to ‘Up Next’ where you can quickly start watching at game time.
      4. Regional Sports Networks are not yet integrated into TV App and Siri.  Only nationally broadcast games are available.
      5. Pro-tip – Set your favorite sports teams and receive notifications for games
        • Open the TV App on your Apple TV
        • Navigate to the Sports tab
        • Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen
        • Click on ‘Favorite Teams’ and select your favorites

SIRI LIVE TUNE-IN

Siri Live Tune-In allow users to perform a voice command from the Apple TV remote, prompting immediate tune-in to a live channel within AT&T TV NOW.

From your Apple TV:

• If you have not already done so, make sure you have set your TV Provider as AT&T TV NOW in the Apple TV Settings.
  • You can use live tune-in from anywhere in the Apple TV through a Siri voice search:
  • Say “Tune to Audience Network” or another live channel and instantly tune to that channel.
  • Say “Change channel to Audience Network” or another live channel and instantly tune to that channel.
  • Users may be asked which provider they wish to watch in the first time they tune to a channel. Be sure to select ‘AT&T TV NOW’.
  • Use other commands, such as:

Feature

Example Command

Channel Tuning

“Tune to NBC”

“Watch HGTV”

Live Sports - Playback

“Tune to King’s game”

“Play King’s game”

“Watch King’s game”

Live Sports – Info and Playback

“Kings Game”

“What’s the score of the King’s game”

“What baseball games are on today”

VOD - Search/Info

“True Detective”

“Search for True Detective”

VOD - Playback

“Watch True Detective”

”Start True Detective”

“Turn On True Detective”

VOD – Discovery

“What movies are on AT&T TV NOW”

“Free Movies”

“Show me Dramas on AT&T TV NOW”

TV APP

The Apple TV app is another way to discover and access shows, movies, sports and news from multiple apps across Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad. TV app is curated by Apple and content that is available with AT&T TV NOW as a playback option. TV app also aggregates everything you watch across multiple apps, including AT&T TV NOW, so content played in AT&T TV NOW will show up in TV app’s Up Next carousel.

From your Apple TV:

• If you have not already done so, make sure you have set your TV Provider as AT&T TV NOW in the Apple TV Settings.
  • Find content in TV app:
    1. Click into the TV app on Apple TV
    2. View content recommendations, live sports, and more
    3. If you click into content from TV app that is available on AT&T TV NOW, it will prompt you to “Play in AT&T TV NOW.”
    4. Note: when content from TV app is available in multiple apps, you can click “Open In” and choose AT&T TV NOW.
  • Continue Watching from Up Next:
  • Click into the TV app on Apple TV
    • TV app will aggregate the content you have been watching on AT&T TV NOW and other participating apps in the Up Next carousel.
    • After you connect your account to TV App, all content you are watching in AT&T TV NOW should show up in this Up Next section of TV app. 
    • From here you can click to resume watching your favorite show or movie on AT&T TV NOW.

-AT&TCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 3
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTTVNOWHelp
‎03-08-2019 5:05 PM

Re: AT&T TV NOW Apple Single Sign On, Universal (Siri) Search and TV app integration for AppleTV

Take full advantage of your AT&T TV NOW service with Apple Single Sign On, Universal Search, Sports Tune-In, Siri Live Tune-In, and the TV App by checking out the post above.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: DIRECTVNOW Apple Single Sign On, Universal (Siri) Search and TV app integration for AppleTV

Here are a few apps that support DirecTV Now by using an activation code on their web sites (which I find tedious), and also do *not* support Single Sign-On on Apple devices:

• AMC
  • BBC America
  • NBC Sports (includes Golf channel)
  • ShowTime (subscription)

I just cancelled my ShowTime subscription because I am finished with regularly having to sign in with activation codes for app services that I pay for.  Conveniently HBO supports single sign-on and with the new Game of Thrones season I happily moved my monthly $$ from ShowTime to HBO despite the recent huge price inflation.

So that's ShowTime taken care of, but how to give feedback for the other services that are bundled with my DirecTV monthly subscription but do not support single sign-on for their apps?

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support