Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: AMC App will not accept my Directv Now login information

AMC App will not accept my Directv Now login information

I am attempting to watch Walking Dead on the AMC App using Directv Now.  The app has asked for the Directv login information.  When entered it directs me to create a AT&T account.  I am not an AT&T customer.  Why am I not able to login to the AMC App?

Message 1 of 14
Professor
Solution
Accepted by Digital Assistant (Digital Assistant)
Accepted by ATTForumsBot
‎12-05-2019 3:03 AM

You have to choose DirecTV NOW as your provider, not DirecTV. It's probably listed under "More Providers" and not one of the first few or so listed such as Verizon, DirecTV, etc.

EDIT: I see now you said you used DirecTV NOW. I got confused when your next sentence you wrote DirecTV login. If you did choose DirecTV NOW, provided your DirecTV NOW login information, and then it directed you to create an AT&T account, I know there is word on these forums that they are starting to ask everyone to create an AT&T access ID and use that instead of their DirecTV NOW username and password. I personally have not received any email or information about this. I still use my DirecTV NOW login information. I just tried logging in to AMC.com with my DirecTV NOW username and password and it worked. I haven't tried the app, but my DTVN credentials still worked on their website and it did not direct me to create an AT&T account.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 14

I was able to login and it accepted my Directv Now login.  The problem I have now is when I choose the Walking Dead episode I want to watch, all I get is "Loading...." it never started showing me the program.  I am using the newest version of Amazon Fire TV.  I got fustrated, and just switched to using my phone and casting the programming using ChromeCast.  Not sure if Directv Now is going to work for us.

Message 3 of 14
Professor

To many people trying to get in the Amc app.  Att didn't think enough ahead for a Dvr or a timely  updated on demand .

Message 4 of 14
Professor

When you're casting from your phone, you are using your DTVN credentials as well, correct? If you are able to get it on your phone fine but not your Amazon Fire TV, then it sounds like the issue might be with the Amazon Fire TV.

Message 5 of 14
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by hermitlady63
‎03-29-2018 5:00 PM

This is using the DirecTV Now app or the AMC app?  You indicated earlier that it was the AMC app - if that is the case and you are having streaming problems after you log in, then it is an AMC issue having nothing to do with DirecTV Now.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 14
Contributor

Of course blame another company. She stated it's asking for a user ID. I have the same issue logging in via browser to CANCEL my account. My email and password only work on the Directv Now app, on browser it now asks for an att user ID and password...I also am not a wireless customer.

Insane.

Message 7 of 14
Professor

@notworking666 Did you even read the thread. Its about Amc login not Direc tv NOW

Message 8 of 14

AMC says that if your UserID and Password are not working then you should contact Directv NOW.

Message 9 of 14
Contributor

DIRECT TV NOW, CUSTOMER

As far as I see is that it accepts Direct TV  and ATT watch TV  also Direct TV Puerto Rico, But there is nowhere in the AMC website streaming for Direct TV Now to sign in with my DTV now info on AMC streaming. I tried to Log in with Direct TV  but it did not recognize my  info as it does with all AT&T  accounts  

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Expert

I certainly see DIRECTV NOW in the list - right between DIRECTV and DIRECTV Puerto Rico.  And it worked fine - I just logged in.  (ATT WatchTV isn’t there, but ATT U-Verse is.)  And DirecTV won’t work if you subscribe to DirecTV Now but not DirecTV - they are completely separate services.  

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 14
Contributor

I also cannot add the AMC app. AMC was part of my DIRECTV Now package when I first subscribed, but then it was removed without any kind of notification. I have tried for a couple of weeks to get answers to this problem. When I try to go through the process to subscribe to AMC, it tells me that the content is not available, or that I need a DIRECTV Now account to add it. If I don't have an account, why is DIRECTV Now charging me $50 a month? I have spent many hours on "chat" with customer service reps who have offered nothing in the way of help, and it is getting ridiculous. Is the only thing I can do canceling my DIRECTV Now completely and going with another service like Sling? 

Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
Contributor

I don't know who this is, First JC11420 that is my old account, I paid $50 a month. I called DirecTV now and spoke with a representative,she explained to me that form get AMC I would have to cancel my old account start a new account JC10452 and pay $93a month that is 65 channels with AMC, so I went for it but then some unforeseen circumstances arose and I had to back to $50 a month.

I called Directv now to ask them why TNT and TBS does not have Directv Now in their list of channel providers, they have DirecTV, DirecTV Puerto Rico, AT&T universe, I downloaded the apps thought my FIRE TV stick. I don't know what DIRECTV NOW told you but I think they gave you the wrong information.

Message 13 of 14
ACE - Expert

AMC is not available with the 2 new packages - PLUS and MAX. It is available for the higher priced packages (same as the older package but no longer offered to new customers). It is still available if you have one of the older packages and are grandfathered in to the subscription. The current package list of subscriptions offered is located here

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support