Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ABC App on Apple TV No Longer Accepts DirecTV Now Credentials!

ABC App on Apple TV No Longer Accepts DirecTV Now Credentials!

Just noticed this today! Earlier, credentials were also pulled from the NBC iOS apps. Smiley Sad

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: ABC App on Apple TV No Longer Accepts DirecTV Now Credentials!

ROKU still working DTVN credentials. I don't have my ATV4 up and running.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9

Now, Disney XD not accepting credentials either....Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 9

Update: I "was" able to still log in to both ABC and Disney XD apps but on the FireTV. So, appears to be an AppleTV and iOS issue....
Message 4 of 9
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by citizenleroy
‎08-28-2017 2:40 PM

Found a way! For all apps on Apple TV, if DIRECTV Now does not initially appear as a provider, manually type in DirecTV in the search area on the top and then choose other providers. You will then be asked to activate on the web where DirecTV Now does appear as a provider! Hidden way, but it works!! 

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 9
Contributor

Thanks, but not working on iOS devices for ESPN app or ABC app.

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Master

@ramcm7 - for both of those, I found DirecTV Now on the provider lists on iOS by bringing up the "normal" big list and scrolling to the very bottom.  There, I found an "Other providers" (or some such) link, which took me to yet another big list (bigger list?), and that one did have DirecTV Now in it.  No idea what is going on - that extra list wasn't necessary earlier (and I'm not sure it even existed), but at least DTVN is still there.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9
Contributor

I have the same problem but the solution does not lie with finding DirectTV Now as a provider. I find them using the full list, my problem is that ABC says this provider is not supported. The Direct TV Now website still listed the ABC app as usable. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Message 8 of 9

I thought this was the best of the streaming apps, now people are posting workarounds that don't work for everybody. I'm not satisfied and I have  AppleTV.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support