Protect yourself online
rjsigmund's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 12:21 PM

cannot get my att.net email account to display under Internet Explorer

my new att.net email account displays well in Chrome, with 3 new messages; however when i try to copy the url for it to my internet explorer browser, it converts to my old yahoo mail account with over 10000 messages in the inbox; i would like to be able to use att.net under IE, but cant get it to display..

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I agree.  AT&T's e-mail is serviced by Yahoo, so basically you have two different Yahoo accounts.  Yahoo stores a cookie to remember who is logged in, and that cookie will only hold one of those accounts.

Your best option would be to use a different browser for each.  Another option may be to use InPrivate browsing (cog, Safety>InPrivate...) for one of the two accounts, thought I'm not convinced this does what it is supposed to do.

Former Employee

• 

50 Messages

10 years ago

Do you see 1000's unread email just switching between the browsers ?

Strange !

It could be that you have saved a different Yahoo email profile on IE browser. Check if you are logged in to the same email address..

Try deleting the saved passwords/ cache/cookies on IE and then relogin to your email.

Let know if that helped.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

yes, signing out of yahoo mail allowed me to sign into my att.net account...however, now i cannot sign back into my yahoo email account...even the big 'Y" shortcut to yahoo mail on my toolbar now links to my att.net email account...moreover, i now find i cannot open yahoo mail under Chrome either; as long as i'm signed into att.net, i cannot get to yahoo (which, by the way, is where i'm receiving replies to this thread)

anyone have any ideas on how i could have both email accounts open at the same time on the same browswer?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

rjsigmund - I believe the problem you describe has always been there & no way to open both at the same time.

If you open the att account & click on the gear - upper right - & select mail options & mail accounts you can add the Yahoo account so that when you are accessing att you can view both accounts.

You can also do this with e-mail software on your computer. I have six accounts merged in my macmail.

You can also open a gmail account & download all your stuff from the other two & set the two to forward to the single gmail or even two separate gmail accounts.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

ok, aviewer, i can see how merging the two accounts is done...that doesnt really achieve what i had hoped for, though, which was a seperate email account with its own inbox...as i noted in opening, i receive all kinds of mail in my yahoo inbox - newsletters, poems, subscriptions, various account information and the like, but very little personal mail; most of my immediate daily exchanges are through gmail, & i get to the yahoo inbox when time permits...just thought it would be nice to have another uncluttered inbox to use to further segregate my communications...

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

rjsigmund - I understand. Just trying to give you something.

What you want to do is the purpose of macmail and outlook, You can view the accounts separately or together

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

jeffer, now that i understand what the issue is, i agree that i'll probably have to opt for using two browsers side by side to use both accounts regularly...since i do most of the time anyhow, that wont be too much trouble, except in that i try to keep my chrome browser uncluttered..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

how do I get into my att.net email

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I need to reset a new password what do I do on my att.net 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

NO

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.