Protect yourself online
spetry's profile

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, December 5th, 2013 3:39 AM

Switch from DSL to Uverse, Outlook 2007 mail settings don't work

I have made the email account settings changes in Outlook 2007 as specified in the Uverse support pages. Inbound and outbound server settings and server ports etc. are all correct. Still cannot send or retrieve email. My @sbcglobal.net email account and sub-accounts all were registered successfully with Uverse.

Any advice??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Appears I have conquered this one. Turns out all the email accounts were locked. Once I accessed each of them thru the web based interface; I was presented with the popup security box requiring me to enter the squiggly image characters to allow access. Once I did that, the email accounts were functional after I returned the incoming and outgoing server settings to the original SBC settings I had always used.

[pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com] and [smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com]

I guess the support tech I conversed with was incorrect when they stated I still had to use the [incoming.att.net] and [outgoing.att.net] even when importing my prior accounts at registration.

I'm back up and running. Hope this may help someone else.

Thanks for the response!

Steve

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Do you get any error messages while trying to send or receive in Outlook?  If you use the "Test Settings" in the Outlook set up does it say that it was successful?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for posting that information.  I've seen reports that you may have to periodically log in to the web interface to keep your POP/SMTP client working; you can let us know about your experiences tehre, if you would.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.