Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Apr 2, 2013
7:00:57 PM
View profile
Suspended sub-account?

One of my subaccounts is returning the following message when i try to send email to it: "550 [SUSPEND] Mailbox currently suspended" what do I do to fix it?

One of my subaccounts is returning the following message when i try to send email to it: "550 [SUSPEND] Mailbox currently suspended" what do I do to fix it?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 3, 2013 2:56:34 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi Jonathan Brand

The way to fix this particular problem is through the att.com website. I have an att.net email with 1 sub-account so I'll show you how to resolve this step-by-step with my personal email address. Please note that this can only be done using your Primary email account. If the following steps are performed using a "Sub-account" it will not work.

STEP 1.

Log in to the att.com website using your primary member id that your sub-accounts are placed under.

STEP 2.

Next is to use the top menu bar to navigate where we want to go. Hover your cursor over "myAT&T" then move your cursor to "Profile" and then choose "Manage Sub-Accounts" (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

Suspended Sub-Account Step 1.png

STEP 3.

Finally, on the "Manage Sub-Account" page find the sub-account that is having the trouble and select "Remove Suspension" Note: In my example, my sub-account isn't suspended so it's not going to say that option but that is where the selection will be located. (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

Suspended Sub-Account Step 2.png

I hope that helps you! Give these steps a try and if it still doesn't respond then let us know and we can find another solution for you. Thanks! Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Suspended sub-account?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 3, 2013 2:56:34 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi Jonathan Brand

The way to fix this particular problem is through the att.com website. I have an att.net email with 1 sub-account so I'll show you how to resolve this step-by-step with my personal email address. Please note that this can only be done using your Primary email account. If the following steps are performed using a "Sub-account" it will not work.

STEP 1.

Log in to the att.com website using your primary member id that your sub-accounts are placed under.

STEP 2.

Next is to use the top menu bar to navigate where we want to go. Hover your cursor over "myAT&T" then move your cursor to "Profile" and then choose "Manage Sub-Accounts" (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

STEP 3.

Finally, on the "Manage Sub-Account" page find the sub-account that is having the trouble and select "Remove Suspension" Note: In my example, my sub-account isn't suspended so it's not going to say that option but that is where the selection will be located. (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

I hope that helps you! Give these steps a try and if it still doesn't respond then let us know and we can find another solution for you. Thanks! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi Jonathan Brand

STEP 1.

STEP 2.

STEP 3.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Suspended sub-account?

2 of 5 (1,009 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2013 6:21:49 AM
(0)
Employee

Moved from General U-verse answers to U-verse email for better exposure

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Moved from General U-verse answers to U-verse email for better exposure

3 of 5 (1,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 7:30:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

These are good instructions but it did not work. I have an existing email that my husband tried to add as a sub account and the error message said it was not availabe....although it exsists already.

These are good instructions but it did not work. I have an existing email that my husband tried to add as a sub account and the error message said it was not availabe....although it exsists already.

4 of 5 (659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 8:02:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

debatidsun wrote:

Exactly... if the e-mail address is already linked to another mailbox somewhere, it isn't available to be created as a subaccount.  You'd have to get the original mailbox closed/deleted first.  What is your existing e-mail address associated with?

debatidsun wrote:

Exactly... if the e-mail address is already linked to another mailbox somewhere, it isn't available to be created as a subaccount.  You'd have to get the original mailbox closed/deleted first.  What is your existing e-mail address associated with?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (653 Views)