For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
hal-9000's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 2:25 PM

Separate att.net email from yahoo email

I just signed up with Uverse and now have an att.net email address.  I also have a yahoo email address that I use strictly for spam and junk email.  My att.net email is now automatically going into my yahoo email account.  Can I separate the two?  I want to give my att.net email address to my family and friends.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

They should be seperate. You are the first to say they are together.

There are two levels for manging e-mail. The first is web access. The two (yahoo) accts can bump in to each other. But they are seperate when you sign in to them. Unless you tie them together so that you can see them together - Look in settings

Another level is a seperate manager such as Outlook to combine e-mail accts in the same place. You can view lists seperately or intemixed.  But the accts are seperate. But, it is easy to pick the wrong one when sending an e-mail.

Since you are just starting out with att now is the time to pick another - say google & use that. Then you can leave att without worrying about your e-mail. You will not have any cross-polination like you are asking about. You should have multiple e-mail accts & providers. You can point each acct to the other for use in password restore.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

That's probablly a good idea and one that I will go with.  I forgot that I already had a gmail account becuase of my Andoid phone.  Thanks.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@hal-9000   Know in the past it had a pull down for the email address to use when composing an email.  Mine still does have my original yahoo and ATT ID emails on the pulldown to choose the one I want to send it under. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

the following is a long thread, and sorry for that, but if you read thru it, there is a post which tells you step by step how to unmerge att and yahoo e-mails.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/Unmerging-Yahoo-amp-AT-amp-T-email-accounts/m-p/2013353#M6256

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Tigereyze209 wrote:

the following is a long thread, and sorry for that, but if you read thru it, there is a post which tells you step by step how to unmerge att and yahoo e-mails.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/Unmerging-Yahoo-amp-AT-amp-T-email-accounts/m-p/2013353#M6256

Problem, only can be done after no longer having paid ATT services, deleting your ATT email address/Member ID and then after 30-60 days.  Then you can unmerge the accounts, but not while you have any paid ATT services. 😉

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400295&cv=804#fbid=PhmAX5VvIzR

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I can't find the post anymore, but i had a conversation with a lady who is still an active ATT customer, and she suprised me by sayng she was able to un-merge her account with little problem.

Dang it, I sure wish I could find it, so I could post the link here, but she says she did, and thanked me for the idea.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

Tried that.  A pop up from AT&T keeps asking for my psw for different accoounts and ones removed from Microsoft Outlook.  AT&T told me I am not being spoofed or have a "virus" and does not have a solution.  To keep the 2 accounts in Outlook working I have to use an alias under the one I am registered with here that is the default in Outlook.  Letting at&t come in on RC he said what I had done was neat???

If I try to creat a new account in Outlook I always get 2 red x's.  When at&t comes in on RC everything works immediately with green check marks.  All fields were filled in correctly.  I do not want to leave At&t but am tired of calling support everytime I go to at&t.com and my psw is rejected??  I type in the same psw after answering the security Q's.  Befuddled.  Yes I do retype the same psw into Outlook???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

All that comes up is start.new.att or something....Cannot go to my previous Yahoo messages. Used to type att.net and it went to Yahoo mail

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.