Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 21, 2013
6:25:06 PM
View profile
Outlook 2007 frequently asks for my wife's password

We just switched to U-verse and got our new email accounts.  I created 2 sub-accounts for my wife and one primary one for myself.

My wife's Outlook 2007 frequently asks for her password (for both of her accounts). Then, emails work for a while and the problem returns over and over again!  I have Outlook 2010 and set up our new accounts the same way and I never have a problem.

Any answers?

Frustration is growing in our household...

We just switched to U-verse and got our new email accounts.  I created 2 sub-accounts for my wife and one primary one for myself.

My wife's Outlook 2007 frequently asks for her password (for both of her accounts). Then, emails work for a while and the problem returns over and over again!  I have Outlook 2010 and set up our new accounts the same way and I never have a problem.

Any answers?

Frustration is growing in our household...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 22, 2013 5:14:55 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi terrysatx,

We apologize about the issues you are having with your wife's account, but we would be glad to help you get this issue resolved. One thing that might be happening is that a security flag has been triggered on one of our mail servers. To get past it, follow the instructions from this article:

Client Email Stating Wrong User Name or Password

Also, you want to double check your settings, just in case some things changed when you moved to U-verse

Outlook 2007

Let us know if this helps.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2007 frequently asks for my wife's password

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 6:35:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

UPDATE: I tried setting up her account (a sub-account under mine), and I get the same errors on Outlook 2010 as she gets on 2007!  So it seems to be a sub-account problem???

UPDATE: I tried setting up her account (a sub-account under mine), and I get the same errors on Outlook 2010 as she gets on 2007!  So it seems to be a sub-account problem???

Re: Outlook 2007 frequently asks for my wife's password

2 of 5 (753 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 22, 2013 5:14:55 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi terrysatx,

We apologize about the issues you are having with your wife's account, but we would be glad to help you get this issue resolved. One thing that might be happening is that a security flag has been triggered on one of our mail servers. To get past it, follow the instructions from this article:

Also, you want to double check your settings, just in case some things changed when you moved to U-verse

Outlook 2007

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi terrysatx,

Outlook 2007

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (753 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 7:41:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for restoring sanity in the house.

Thanks for restoring sanity in the house.

4 of 5 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 7:49:18 PM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by DavidCS on Jan 23, 2014 at 3:20:15 PM

Glad to help. We all live by the golden rule a happy wife is a happy life Smiley Happy

Also, if you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

-David T

Glad to help. We all live by the golden rule a happy wife is a happy life Smiley Happy

Also, if you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

-David T

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (753 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments