Protect yourself online
mere_1's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 19th, 2013 11:26 PM

Closed

How to configure yahoo email to Outlook 2013?

Please help....I have talked to Microsoft and they can't seem to help me.

I can not configure my Yahoo email to Outlook 2013.

Thank you so much!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

mere please look at this and if you can't get it working post back:

Set up a POP3 or IMAP4 connection to your email in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013

1. Open Outlook. If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard appears, on the first page of the wizard, click Next. Then, on the E-mail Accounts page, click Next to set up an email account.

If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.

1. Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
  2. On the Choose Service page, select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
  3. Provide the following information on the Internet E-mail Settings page.

Under User Information:

1. In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
  2. In the E-mail Address box, enter your email address.

Under Server Information:

1. Under Account Type, POP3.
  2. In the Incoming mail server box, enter inbound.att.net
  3. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter outbound.att.net

Under Logon Information:

1. In the User Name box, enter your email address.
  2. In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the check box next to Remember password is selected.
  1. At the bottom of the page, click More Settings, and then fill in the Internet E-Mail Settings dialog box as follows:

On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.On the Advanced tab:

1. Under Incoming server (IMAP), or Incoming server (POP3), next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL in the drop-down list.
  2. Under Outgoing server (SMTP), next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL, and then click OK.
  3. If you're using POP3 and you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click Leave a copy of messages on the server. If you don't select this option, all messages will be removed from the server and stored locally on your computer.
  4. On the Add New Account page, click Next. After Outlook tests your account, click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialog box.
  5. On the Congratulations page, click Finish.
  6. On the Account Settings page, click Close.
  7. If you're using IMAP4, a message may appear asking you if you want to download folders for the mail server that you added. Click Yes. Use the Outlook user interface to select which folders to synchronize between the server and your local computer, and then click OK.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you so much.

When I put in my email address...do I use the yahoo email account that I want to add or my att email account?  I am clueless.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hi beebeesa,

I keep getting a message "your email server rejected your login".  Any advise?

>

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Use your main AT&T email address and password givin to you when you signed up.  The one to access your billing, etc.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

you must change the SMTP port from the default of 25 to 465.  All other setting are correct.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

This website http://www.setup-outlook.com may also be useful since it shows you how to setup any email with any version of outlook.
Hope it helps!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

How does one configure Outlook 2013 to retrieve ATT yahoo emails when your DSL acct is with Frontier? For several years prior to December 12th, I was able to retrieve my att.net email into Outlook. Eventhough I made the setting changes as described on ATT's web page, I cannot retrieve any emails in Outlook or on my IPad. This is frustrating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This failed miserably, I have been trying to get this to work  for years.

The password to enter my billing is the same as my email account, AT&T did not

give it to me, I created it when I setup the accounts.

The only time I was able to get this to work was back when I had DSL, and the installation disk

configured everything automaticaly.

I have not yet found anyone's instructions to work since I upgraded to Uverse.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

For any Issues Outlook Configurations you can contact 1-800-231-8174

Outlook Technical Support

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.