Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 14, 2012
9:57:10 PM
View profile
Correct settings for outlook 2010 using imap

Does anyone know how to setup up and email mail address using imap settings for att.net emails in outlook 2010

Does anyone know how to setup up and email mail address using imap settings for att.net emails in outlook 2010

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 14, 2012 10:24:51 PM
(0)
Professor
I have posted it before. The thing is, you will not be able to use Calendar with a imap mailbox as your default box. Just go with the standard POP settings.

Anyways for the search not wanting to, these are the settings again:

Incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com; SSL authentication, Server Port 993
Outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com; SSL authentication, Server Port 465

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Correct settings for outlook 2010 using imap

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 14, 2012 10:24:51 PM
(0)
Professor
I have posted it before. The thing is, you will not be able to use Calendar with a imap mailbox as your default box. Just go with the standard POP settings.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Correct settings for outlook 2010 using imap

2 of 5 (16,182 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 10:42:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you
Thank you

3 of 5 (16,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2013 1:16:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

Outlook 2010 doesn't allow one to specify port, so I did it like imap.mail.yahoo.com:993 (similar for outgoing) and it could not connect. Is this  correct syntax? Also should I choose "use secure password authentication" (I think that's what it said)

Outlook 2010 doesn't allow one to specify port, so I did it like imap.mail.yahoo.com:993 (similar for outgoing) and it could not connect. Is this  correct syntax? Also should I choose "use secure password authentication" (I think that's what it said)

4 of 5 (15,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2016 11:05:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

Click on the more settings button on the bottom right of the sever settings page and you can specify the port you would like to use. 

Click on the more settings button on the bottom right of the sever settings page and you can specify the port you would like to use. 

5 of 5 (1,105 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments