For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
pleiades357's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 1:34 AM

Can I access my att/Yahoo email once I change to another service provider?

needing to notify eveyone of change of email address and losing or moving emails will be a pain, I've been told since att/Yahoo is yahoo, I will still be able to access my email accounts after I've swithced service providers... 

it seems unlikely but, it possible, it would make life easier. 

does anyone know?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

If your account is current when you cancel you can keep your email address and all sub account email addresses.

From TOS http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html
a. Cancellation of Service by Customer. When you purchased the Service, you agreed to a specific price and plan, which may have included a term. You agree that if you cancel your plan before the end of the term, you will pay the early termination fee associated with that plan. At the conclusion of your term or if you did not sign up for a term plan, the term for your Service will be month-to-month. When you cancel your service, your account ID e-mail address will remain active, as will all e-mail subaccounts you have created. The e-mail accounts may be accessed from the att.net website.

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

10 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

If your account is current when you cancel you can keep your email address and all sub account email addresses.

From TOS http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html
a. Cancellation of Service by Customer. When you purchased the Service, you agreed to a specific price and plan, which may have included a term. You agree that if you cancel your plan before the end of the term, you will pay the early termination fee associated with that plan. At the conclusion of your term or if you did not sign up for a term plan, the term for your Service will be month-to-month. When you cancel your service, your account ID e-mail address will remain active, as will all e-mail subaccounts you have created. The e-mail accounts may be accessed from the att.net website.

BeeBeeSA

I need to ask another question also. Will this also apply to accessing the DVR web remote feature through att.net website as well as the Email. I have had U-verse internet and TV for about six years i will keep the TV portion. We have a new ISP coming to town with an all fiber offering, using city owned conduit and boxes all ready installed in ground in all new sub divisions since 1999 they have concluded an agreement with the city to bring the service to about 8000 homes 1GIG of speed and free land line phone if they can get enough people to sign up. Price aprox 55.00 including modem rental fees, and taxes. I am thinking abou it but i need to access mail and dvr web site. Otherwise no go. what steps would i need to take to do this using IE and Yahoo.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

gofer6064 - I believe you need both u-verse TV and ISP for web access. There have been a number of posts of people with just TV not having access,
You do not need to keep att e-mail. There are plenty of free e-mails. You can open a gmail account now. download your stuff to it and forward any new e-mail to it, from your att account. You would then be free to change ISPs without worry. It does ot hurt to have more than one e-mail.

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

10 years ago

BeeBeeSA  According to the TOS you show above we should be able to pick our yahoo E-mail with an sbcglobal addy by going to att.net if we switch to a new ISP for internet and land line phone service we will still be using IE and yahoo. We are able to get our E-mail while crusing ship board by just getting into yahoo and using the E-mail address. I would rather not set up another email account.  This has not come to pass yet so i am just looking for information at this point. I will not drop the U-verse TV. Sonic.net to offer fiber to the premisis with 1gig down 100mbps up with free land line phone for $40.00 P/M + modem rental and phone taxes and fees approx 8000 homes that already have in ground conduit and boxes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.