Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 7, 2014
3:10:53 PM
View profile
ATT Yahoo Email Cannot sort by sender - other optins missing also
Edited by yrog on May 7, 2014 at 3:14:17 PM

From the View Dropdown Menu

Att yahoo email only gives 4 options to sort by.

Regular yahoo email allows 6 options to sort by

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thank You.

From the View Dropdown Menu

Att yahoo email only gives 4 options to sort by.

Regular yahoo email allows 6 options to sort by

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thank You.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 12, 2014 9:23:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
Sort by Sender "never left the building". Disable "conversations" and there it will be.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3614.html?impressions=true
Accepted Solution

ATT Yahoo Email Cannot sort by sender - other optins missing also

[ Edited ]
11 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2014 8:41:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

I agree that this needs to fixed ASAP. It's the only way I can weed through my emails quickly. 

I agree that this needs to fixed ASAP. It's the only way I can weed through my emails quickly. 

Re: ATT Yahoo Email Cannot sort by sender - other optins missing also

2 of 12 (6,366 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2014 9:52:33 AM
(0)
Teacher

Am very bitter they removed this. It is wreaking havoc with my business as I find it esesential to be able to sort through Sent folder and Inbox folder by sender.  PLEASE BRING THIS FUNCTION BACK!  I have been a paying subscriber for oveor 15  years. 

Am very bitter they removed this. It is wreaking havoc with my business as I find it esesential to be able to sort through Sent folder and Inbox folder by sender.  PLEASE BRING THIS FUNCTION BACK!  I have been a paying subscriber for oveor 15  years. 

3 of 12 (6,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2014 12:59:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

YEAH!!!!! IT"S BACK...... YOU CAN SORT BY SENDER. YOU JUST NEED TO CLICK ON "VIEW" RIGHT ABOVE THE EMAIL DELIVERY TIME & YOU'LL SEE YOU CAN SORT BY SENDER.  THANK GOODNESS THEY WERE LISTENING TO US OR THIS WOULD'VE BEEN CATASTROPHIC!!!

YEAH!!!!! IT"S BACK...... YOU CAN SORT BY SENDER. YOU JUST NEED TO CLICK ON "VIEW" RIGHT ABOVE THE EMAIL DELIVERY TIME & YOU'LL SEE YOU CAN SORT BY SENDER.  THANK GOODNESS THEY WERE LISTENING TO US OR THIS WOULD'VE BEEN CATASTROPHIC!!!

4 of 12 (6,272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 12, 2014 9:23:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
Sort by Sender "never left the building". Disable "conversations" and there it will be.

5 of 12 (6,215 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 1:44:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

Go to the gear icon at the top right of your email page.  Select it, then select "settings."  Under settings, disable "conversations."  That will allow you access again to the sort by sender and subject options.  According to ATT, the enabled "conversations" is the default setting.  Simply disable that, and emails should go back to functioning as they did before.

Go to the gear icon at the top right of your email page.  Select it, then select "settings."  Under settings, disable "conversations."  That will allow you access again to the sort by sender and subject options.  According to ATT, the enabled "conversations" is the default setting.  Simply disable that, and emails should go back to functioning as they did before.

6 of 12 (6,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 10:43:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

They shouldn't have changed it in the first place.  But more importantly, what's up with the advertisement in the list of emails?  isn't it enough that we pay AT&T every month for email, now they have to tag the email list with sh#&!!!  Come on AT&T, cut the crap advertising!  We already have advertisint going down the side panel!!!  Enough is enough!!!

They shouldn't have changed it in the first place.  But more importantly, what's up with the advertisement in the list of emails?  isn't it enough that we pay AT&T every month for email, now they have to tag the email list with sh#&!!!  Come on AT&T, cut the crap advertising!  We already have advertisint going down the side panel!!!  Enough is enough!!!

7 of 12 (6,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2014 7:30:32 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on May 15, 2014 at 7:31:57 AM

harmonr1 wrote:

I don't like ads either and here's what I did to "fix" the problem.

Installed Firefox.  Installed the AdBlock Plus extentsion.   No more ads.

harmonr1 wrote:

I don't like ads either and here's what I did to "fix" the problem.

Installed Firefox.  Installed the AdBlock Plus extentsion.   No more ads.

[ Edited ]
8 of 12 (6,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 5:37:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you, Thank you.

Thank you, Thank you.

9 of 12 (5,317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 9:43:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

Why did they hide it?

Why did they hide it?

10 of 12 (5,303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2014 2:39:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
Must be a developer thing? trying to be inclusive with every option.. I?m just glad I checked the forum to find out how to bring this feature back.
Must be a developer thing? trying to be inclusive with every option.. I?m just glad I checked the forum to find out how to bring this feature back.

11 of 12 (5,252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 3:43:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hey Scholar:
Thank you so much! It worked! I was all set to ditch
AT&T (paid subscription). That won't be necessary
now.  You're a genius!