For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
RedHedd's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 9:51 PM

AT&T dumping old emails back into my inbox?

This happened about a week or two ago and again today.  All of a sudden ALL of my e-mails from June 5th to the present were re-deposited into my e-mail in box.  What is going on?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've had the exact thing happen to me three times since the end of May.  Very annoying to have hundreds of emails that were already dealt with reappear, and I'm one of those folks that likes to keep a clear inbox.  I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to those who keep a lot of email in their inbox. 

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

9 years ago

When you delete mail from your "In" box.......it goes to the "Trash" bin.  Do you then go to the trash bin and delete again?  The second delete will wipe it out completely.....gone forever.   Any message still remaining in the "trash" bin is still recoverable and can be returned to the "In" box. 

Having to do the double deletion to completely wipe out an old message is kind of a nuisance.  But....on the other hand....on occasion it has come in handy to find an old message in an emergency.   Hope this helps.  I really don't have any idea why the return to the in-box would be happening on its own.  Ghosts?Smiley Wink  But if you perform the deletion from the trash bin they are removed from the server and should no longer be available for restoration.

Phil

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

deleting the trash folder does no good. I alwyas selete it and SRILL I get over 3oo emails dumped back in y inbox. AND my business folder. Cant ATT do any better than this?????

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

I KNOW IF THIS CRAP DOESN'T STOP, I AM GOING WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

9 years ago

OK.....it was just a suggestion.....one subscriber to another.  Sorry it does not help.   If it were me I would take the problem direct to AT&T....via phone.  That must be a super headache to have to deal with.

Phil

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

I know I should call, but I have NO confidence in the India people. Thanks for trying to ehlp with this issue. Others are having the same problems

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@RYNNING wrote:

I know I should call, but I have NO confidence in the India people. Thanks for trying to ehlp with this issue. Others are having the same problems

Just get a gmail account, forward all ATT/Yahoo email there and leave all the stupid problems of ATT/Yahoo email that ATT will NOT support.  I've done it years ago and don't have any of these problems. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Same here. I refuse to call as they're not smart people (AT&T won't let me us a "bad" word) over in India.  I just wish AT&T would post their problem alerts like they used to and admit that they are having issues and are working on a solution or that it was an anomaly and won't happen again. One could hope.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

I had the same thing with a "bad" word which wasn't bad! I completely agree with you!!!! I will NOT call them!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

AND they just did it again! Over 700 e-mails re-deposited into my inbox just a few minutes ago! This is infuriating!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.