blue2013's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 10:31 PM

Why am I not able to receive calls?

After my installation yesterday I have been able to make calls but no calls are coming in. Please help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

There are three main possible causes of this. Your All Call Forwarding or Do Not Disturb feature may be enabled sending all your incoming calls directly to voicemail or a different number assigned to call forwarding. It Could also be that your number has not been activated yet therefore the porting has not completed.

To check for the All Call Forwarding feature being enabled log in to your account at www.att.com

• In the Home Phone area select Manage features.
  • Click Phone Features
  • Check the Call Forwarding section and Do Not Disturb, if the All Call Forwarding or Do Not Disturb is ON this was your problem.
  • Expand the feature by clicking on it and select the Off radio button and Save

If you were unable to access these features by login in then it is possible the number is not activated yet.

Pick up your home phone and dial 877-377-0016. This is the telephone activation line. Follow the instructions you will hear. If there is a more complex problem with the phone number it will get you in touch with a service agent that is able to research the problem in more detail.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Blue2013,

I hope your U-verse voice is still working well for you. If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, feel free to check out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have an at&t phone, not service, and i am unable to receive incoming calls, busy tone. How can I adjust my phone to receive calls. ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have at&t phone, not service, unable to receive calls, busy tone. I believe I activated it by pressing a button on my phone. help john

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

A caller from a cell phone frequently gets a message "can't accept a call at this time, try again later".  This happens when our phone isn't even in use and the caller doesn't get to leave a message.  We have call waiting, but this happens even when we're not on the phone.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.