bertaron's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 12:30 PM

No dial tone

Good Morning,

We made the change to Uverse phone over the weekend.  Everything was working fine until last night.  Message on the phone said check line.  I checked everything and I couldn't get a dial tone.  I tried getting on internet no such luck.  I called the 800 but it said it was closed.  I did call my tech and he said it was going thru an update.  During the evening the phone would come back for a minute or two and then go kaput again.  I woke up this morning to again no dial tone.  Am I doing something wrong?  The lights on the moden were on for Wireless and Broadband was blinking but nothing else.  I even did reboot the modem and that did nothing.  Does this happen allot?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you we have a tech coming later today.  My wife says the jack in the main room seems awfully loose.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My phone lines were updated a few years ago. I have 1 phone extension on my side of the house and 2 extensions in my mother-in-law suite. When the lines were updated the extension on my side of the house quit working. Long story short I needed the extension on my side of the house to work so they came out and fixed it by plugging it into the back of the gateway. The 2 extensions on my mother-in-law suite plug into the wall jack. They are ALWAYS out of service. I don't think the lines for the whole house was updated. Every time I pass the big green AT&T box on the corner someone is working on it and the 2 extensions stop working. I called AT&T and was told to contact U-Verse which is apparently in India. I rebooted the gateway which I don't think has anything to do with the other 2 extensions. I want to talk to someone in the United States. The 3 phone extensions are apparently not hooked up the same way. What do I do????????

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

First I think you need to open a new topic rather than tagging onto one that's five years old. I assume these are all the same phone number, if not explain that.  Also be clear as to when the other two phones quit working.  Was that a year ago?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Well excuse me!!!!! If you would have had to sit on the phone from 9:30-1:00 with 3 different people to get a tech sent out to fix a phone maybe you may have made a mistake as well. Have a great day. 

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, but without all the information there's not much we can offer. We're customers like you and have no control over the amount of time you've spent on the phone with customer service. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.