ginanichols's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 18th, 2013 8:02 PM

Help Please! Just got u-verse and now my home phone wont work.... Just says" not registered" cant call out and At

"not registered" home phone says.

At&T cant help online and I cant call out....

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

I just wanted to post the resolution just in case anyone else ran into this issue. The cordless phone was not working because it was not registered to the base station. When we connected the phone directly to the modem, it got an error

Press hndst LOC 4 sec on base" but NO dial tone or calling capacity.

It appears to happen when the handset gets unregistered from the base station. There are a lot of different ATT Dect 6.0 phones out there, but it seems the common fix is to put the handset on the base station for 10 seconds and try to see if it is working. If not, with the handset resting in the base station, on the telephone base, press and hold the handset locator for about four seconds. It should try to register the handset at this point, which can take up to 10 seconds.

By doing this the phone is now working. Smiley Happy

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Plug a phone into the AT&T router where it's marked line 1 and see if you get a dial tone.  If not then one of the community managers will have to assist you.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello ginanichols, I'm sorry about the interruption on your phone service and will be glad to help you restore it. I have sent you a private message to continue working with you and gather additional details about the trouble you are experiencing.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

I plugged in a rotary phone in line 1 and did get a dial tone.

How do i get my answering machine cordless phone to work again...?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

NVG510 Installation This document might help.  What you need to do is back feed the dial tone from the AT&T router "line 1" back to all the jacks in your house.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Recently I switched to u-verse. My phone is still my old landline. Now when people call my home phone number it no longer goes to the voicemail like it used to. It justs rings this funny ring. Help. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.