smyrnaguy770's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 7:11 PM

Want to UPLOAD recorded voicemail greeting file from my computer.

Hi. First post here.  I've been a Uverse customer (TV, internet, and voice) for a few weeks now.

I started a thread on dslreports.com on this topic. Thought I would raise it here for potentially broader Uverse audience.

There is a pretty cool feature on the Uversecentral web pages for managing your voicemail in which you can hear your current voicemail greeting as a WAV file played on your computer's speakers.

I want the inverse. I want to ability to UPLOAD an audio file of my custom greetings (WAV, mp3, whatever they will accept)  from my computer and have it become my greeting.  In other words,  I do NOT want to use the telephone as the recording device.  And I do not want to re-record my custom greeting files.

This idea came about while listening to a favorite weekend radio show. Some lucky caller to the radio show who wins the little contest gets to have the famous announcer on the show studio-record (and presumably delivered electronically) the winners home answering machine greeting.  There are also professional recording services available for recording greetings of which I might wish to take advantage.

It makes sense to me that AT&T would have the ability to allow customers to upload to their own voicemailbox greeting that has been recorded and edited using the superior tools available for computer audio editing.  If they can give me a WAV file, they should be able to take one in return.

I could keep a library of my desired greetings on my computer and upload the one I want from my hotel room, wherever I am in the world.  That would be particularly useful when I am  out of the country.  Adding whatever sounds I want (some of my own music compositions, for example) to my greeting would be a snap with the ability to manage my greetings on my own computer.

If there is already a way to do this, someone let me know. Otherwise,  anybody else interested in this capability?

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

14 years ago

I haven't heard or seen how to do this, but I agree it seems like if it's not capable now, it should be.  With the ability to get powerful yet cheap/free audio editing tools it would open up the possibilities to have cool outgoing messages again and not have any "noise" introduced due to the phone microphone being utilized 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I was surprised when I discovered that I could not upload my prerecorded greeting.  I have a hard time understanding why that capability is not provided. I will be checking to see if services like Ooma provide this capability.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Well, then just record it so you can play it back when you're suppossedly adding the greeting manually. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just started researching the ability to upload a mobile voicmail message via computer and found this thread.  It looks like there hasn't been any activity in years.  If the thread is monitored I was wondering if there was any update?  This should be straight-forward functionality to implement, though I understand the investment may be based on the actual demand for the service.  Any update from other users or AT&T personnel monitoring the forum would be great.  Probably like many who have requested this service, I have different outgoing messages I would like to use depending on circumstances and do not want to re-record, or hold the phone up to a speaker to make the recording each time.  Being able to upload a file would be a perfect solution.  In fact, allowing me to upload a number of them and then select which one I want to use via my phone would be idea.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

AFAIK, Uvoice only allows one voicemail greeting and that must be created the old fashioned way (using the handset of your phone).

I could be wrong and will, no doubt, be corrected in my assumption.  Smiley Tongue

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

This post is four years old, but still terribly relevant.  I do hope that someone in ATT UVerse is paying attention, and will take this request seriously.

It would indeed be a tremendous addition to VoiceMail if we could upload our own 8k, 16bit, mono greeting file to the system to use in the place of the greeting we have to create using the telephone.  To be able to be a little creative in the content of that outgoing greeting would be superb.  Are we still going to be limited to variants of "...no one is here to take your call, please leave a message at the BEEP..." in ten years?  I sure hope not! 

Please?  Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This helped me. Hope it's what you were looking for. 🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Da_Nrd wrote:

This helped me. Hope it's what you were looking for. 🙂

This thread was concerning Uverse Uvoice, not an iphone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to upload a file from their computer as a phone Voicemail greeting?

This isn’t 1990 any more. We need a modern solution for 2019! 

I have been looking EVERYWHERE!

I’ve called multiple departments or AT&T’s customer service and still everyone is clueless. 

AT&T, this thread has had over 7,000 views.  We would all like to know... how do I upload a file as my voicemail greeting?

If this feature isn’t available, program it in and use the feature as a marketing campaign.

Artists/Bands could upload a short musical greeting. Small businesses could upload a greeting to be professional... the marketing campaign will pay off. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Call phone carriers in general do not offer an option to upload a high quality recording of your greeting...I have found a way around this problem and can help anyone who happens upon this thread. You can also get your greeting made by a professional voice-over talent, either male of female, and have the script written for you https://www.okcvideoproduction.com/record-high-quality-voicemail-greeting

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.