Ask a question

Home Phone

Posted Feb 27, 2014
5:08:19 PM
View profile
Getting Stutter with Voicemail Not Activated

Hi:

I have voicemail turned off for my account.

I verified this with ATT and they even "rebooted" the voicemail service for me and verified there weren't any voicemail messages.

When l use my phone I hear the stutter and then the dial tone. I shouldn't hear the stutter since I don't have voicemail turned on and I don't have messages.

My phone displays the message that I have a new voicemail message.... but I don't.

I clear this on my phone by pressing & holding the # key.

But, as soon an pickup the handset, the message reappears.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?

Thank you.

Hi:

I have voicemail turned off for my account.

I verified this with ATT and they even "rebooted" the voicemail service for me and verified there weren't any voicemail messages.

When l use my phone I hear the stutter and then the dial tone. I shouldn't hear the stutter since I don't have voicemail turned on and I don't have messages.

My phone displays the message that I have a new voicemail message.... but I don't.

I clear this on my phone by pressing & holding the # key.

But, as soon an pickup the handset, the message reappears.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?

Thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 27, 2014 5:35:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
eming - I will guess that the voice mail cannot be "short circuited". That is turned off ahead of time. I am thinking you are getting the welcoming greeting & telling you to set it up.

I would try setting it up. Then turning it off. Just dial *98 abd follow the bouncing ball. Then turn it off.

Here is the link with instructions - https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401929#fbid=lbu3iR6VWW3
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Getting Stutter with Voicemail Not Activated

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 27, 2014 5:35:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
eming - I will guess that the voice mail cannot be "short circuited". That is turned off ahead of time. I am thinking you are getting the welcoming greeting & telling you to set it up.

I would try setting it up. Then turning it off. Just dial *98 abd follow the bouncing ball. Then turn it off.

Here is the link with instructions - https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401929#fbid=lbu3iR6VWW3

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Getting Stutter with Voicemail Not Activated

2 of 4 (439 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 4:27:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
aviewer:
Thank you so much! Your suggestion fixed my problem!
aviewer:
Thank you so much! Your suggestion fixed my problem!

3 of 4 (382 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 5:14:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
eming - Glad to hear it. Thanks for letting me know.
eming - Glad to hear it. Thanks for letting me know.

4 of 4 (374 Views)