A

• 

25.7K Messages

Saturday, February 8th, 2014 12:42 PM

Blocking Robo Calls

I found this article today and set this up.  Works with U-voice and Cell service too and it's free!!  I can't vouch for it's effectiveness since I just set it up today.

Thought I would pass it on since I'm sure others have the same problem as I do.

Article: http://www.ksat.com/news/services-help-say-goodbye-to-robocalls/-/478452/24354292/-/igdmthz/-/index.html

We site: http://www.nomorobo.com/

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks BeeBee I'm set up.

Fingers crossed that it works.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

I just set it up too. Hope it works the way it's supposed to.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am going to try this. Hope this time it will work.

Scholar

• 

80 Messages

10 years ago

I get more robo calls on my cell phone than I ever did on land lines.

There's several free applications you can download, both for the Android platform.

One that seems to work well is called Mr. Number, another is Dead 2 Me.

With Mr. Number next time you get a robo call or anyone you want to block, simply add to spammer list and the application is designed to intercept the call and you'll never hear from them again. Works for text message also. Seems to work pretty good. I have a few pests that constantly call always around dinner time, now they probably still call, but they don't get through. The nice thing about Mr. Number is you can bring up your phone's log then just check which numbers you want to block, no need to keep typing in the phone numbers you want to block.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

This has stopped the robo calls from the people we needed it to. Thanks so much to the OP for posting about it. 🙂

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

I've used norobo for about the last 3 months and it really works.  You get one ring and you know the service is working and blocks the call.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I find it ironic that nomorobo is mentioned here, for when I tried to download it I was told ATT didn't support it. This led to my calling ATT and wow.. what a rabbit hole that has been. Cost me at least 6 hours over the last week getting different answers from supervisors at ATT. 

The first rep I talked to calling 800-288-2020 told me she could block them and within 24 hours I wouldn't get any more calls. When I kept getting them 2 days later I called again. This time I was told I had to dial *60# after I received the call, then 01# after I got a recorded message. I checked with a supervisor to be sure, 

Today I got 3 more obo rcalls from the same credit card scammers, and when I entered *60# the recording told me this number was already on my block list. So I called ATT again, and THIS time was told the call blocking doesn't work in California. 

I hope someone can help me with this problem before I go postal on ATT. I am determined to stop the harassment whatever it takes.

Here is the message I got from norobo,

Sorry! None of your carriers currently support Nomorobo.

But there is something that you can do!

Please call the customer service number below and request that they addSimultaneous Ringing to their service so you can finally stop getting robocalls. The more people that call them, the better.

AT&T (Traditional Landline) Customer Service

1-800-288-2020

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

It's been an education. I was finally told by the annoyance dept., lol, that only those signed on for Uverse or w/e can block robo calls. For the rest of us in the cheap seats it's grin and bear it. No hope for relief in sight. Get used to 3-4 robocalls from the same scammers daily. 

If anyone knows of any other software like nomorobo that will work for Ma Bell's orphans who can't afford uverse, I would be extremely grateful if you could post a link here. tia

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

The customer support at AT&T is useless,some woman from the Filippines answered and she did not even know what a robocall is !!!!!

How do you stop robocalls if you have Uverse phone?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

the article or link is not longer valid.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.