seanybear35's profile

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

Thursday, July 18th, 2019 8:39 PM

uverse TV with fiber internet

I currently have ATT fiber internet (1000) and want to add uverse TV. Does the video stream come through the fiber feed to the Pace 5268AC and then to the various receivers/DVR, or do I need another fiber drop added for the TV stream coming into the house? I have coax feeds throughout my home, serving cable TV now, as well as cat5 lan drops available in most rooms. Any help with how the uverse would work in my situation is appreciated.

Thanks

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

Internet & TV will come through the fiber to the gateway, then to the DVR/WAP/STBs.

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

5 years ago

So, my Pace 5268AC is considered as the "gateway?" if so, makes installation much easier. Thanks

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

Correct, the 5268ac is the gateway in your setup.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

U-verseTV was the original IPTV.  
The service will be more trouble free  if you can do the install with Ethernet and/or wireless settop box, and avoiding coax. 
In a simple sense you can think of Uverse like any streaming box, with the significant added benefit of a multi room DVR.  

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

5 years ago

My Pace 5268AC fiber internet "gateway" is currently located in a separate room, with a lan/cat5 drop back to a central point, which then feeds most of my other rooms via a Netgear switch. I have Directv now, using combinations of lan/cat5/wireless and RG6 coax cables, which seems to work well. It was my understanding that I would use the lan/cat5 wire off my Netgear router switch to feed the DVR, but not sure how the other receivers would get their feed? DTV seems to be different connectivity than uverse?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

Can’t speak to DTV. 

Any Ethernet switch you use should support IGMPv3 traffic.  Think multicast.  

I’m only suggesting to avoid use of coax, but others are okay to use it.  I just feel it’s less of a headache to support in the long run.  you’ll also be able to use the newer BGW210 model gateway.

if distance isn’t too much of an issue, their wireless solution works fairly well.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.