tatusd's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 4:09 PM

remote code denon 1612

Johnie, or anyone. I'm new to this community and would like to have a AT&T remote control the volume on my Denon 1612.

I have a S10-S3 I have used all the codes on the remote codes card provided by AT&T. I can turn off and on my AVR 1612 using 5 of Denon

codes on the card. However I can't control the volume. My old providers Dish and Cox had the code to make their remotes work the volume on my Denon 1612. It's been 2 weeks I'm using 2 remotes you know that blows to have to have 2 remotes to control the sound.

I used every code on remote control program card and I can only turn the Denon off and on. I want to control the volume. I appreciate anyone that can figure this out. Is the silver remote different?

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried all the codes for my Denon AVR 591, and all of them allow to turn the power on and off to the AVR but none of them allow my to control the volume on the AVR, it just controls the vol on the TV. WHat code did you use? Suggestions. Thanks.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

cpd5215 - It may not be the code for the Denon. There is a basic remote function to program before you can find out about the Denon code. The default is for the remote to ALWAYS control the TV. To change this -

att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)

Then the volume will follow the mode button. See if it controls the Denon.
If it does not or you do not want to change modes to change volume, you can set the U-verse STB volume to 15. Then set the TV and Denon volume to comfortable levels. You can then watch U-verse TV in the att mode & vary the volume using either the TV or the Denon to provide audio.

If you ALWAYS use the Denon & you have a code that controls volume you can insert aux between 955 & enter toALWAYS control the Denon.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
cpd5215 - It may not be the code for the Denon. There is a basic remote function to program before you can find out about the Denon code. The default is for the remote to ALWAYS control the TV. To change this -

att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)

Then the volume will follow the mode button. See if it controls the Denon.
If it does not or you do not want to change modes to change volume, you can set the U-verse STB volume to 15. Then set the TV and Denon volume to comfortable levels. You can then watch U-verse TV in the att mode & vary the volume using either the TV or the Denon to provide audio.

If you ALWAYS use the Denon & you have a code that controls volume you can insert aux between 955 & enter toALWAYS control the Denon.
Thanks alot. Your suggestion "att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)" worked perfectly!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.