remote code denon 1612

Teacher

remote code denon 1612

Johnie, or anyone. I'm new to this community and would like to have a AT&T remote control the volume on my Denon 1612.

I have a S10-S3 I have used all the codes on the remote codes card provided by AT&T. I can turn off and on my AVR 1612 using 5 of Denon

codes on the card. However I can't control the volume. My old providers Dish and Cox had the code to make their remotes work the volume on my Denon 1612. It's been 2 weeks I'm using 2 remotes you know that blows to have to have 2 remotes to control the sound.

I used every code on remote control program card and I can only turn the Denon off and on. I want to control the volume. I appreciate anyone that can figure this out. Is the silver remote different?

Message 1 of 24 (7,281 Views)
Teacher

Re: remote code denon 1612

Thanks again David

Logitech programming remote on line looks like the way to go. I will have one remote according to beebeesa that will control volume of Denon. Harmony will control DVR FF and jump on DVR correct? Is that what you are calling STB? The STB's are the DVR AT&T box? I guess I could always buy then return if it doesn't do what I want. This is still frustrating that the AT&T remote will not control volume on Denon 1612. Like I said at beginning of this is AT&T needs to make the remote work. Dish and Cox do! I like U Verse so far. Crazy remote thing and buying a super Logitech remote that looks very cool still a bit discouraging if you know what I mean. Thanks again to everyone in this thread

Hope this helps out others.

Message 16 of 24 (7,154 Views)
Community Support

Hi tatusd,

Sorry about the confusing terms, but yes, I was calling the DVR the STB (Set Top Box).

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 24 (7,154 Views)
Voyager

My black S10 will bring up the denon AVR 991 remote commands on my tv screen, but the S10 volume rocker switch has no impact on volume. I have used the advanced feature setup of the S10 to send the volume control to the receiver and not the default tv setting, but I get no volume adjustment. 

It appears to be only the volume I can't control. 

Thoughts?

Message 18 of 24 (6,536 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by aviewer (ACE - Expert)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

dk74OSU - How did you get a code? If you used the search method, you may have an incomplete code. You need to go past that one & keep going to find a complete one.

If you have code numbers, try others.

What is the volume control doing? Nothing or the TV?

What did you do - att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - aux -enter (bottom right).
That should make the aux always the volume control. Leave out the aux & the volume control follows the mode button.

If you cannot get vol control on the Denon you can set the STB to 15 & the TV & Denon to comfortable level & vary the STB volume.

You can get this remote or go for Logitech Harmony - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 24 (6,531 Views)
Voyager

Success! You were right. I had to try a bunch of codes provided by the manual setup thru the uverse program remote screen. Finally found one that works the volume. 

Thanks for your help. 

After two years of two remotes, just using one is awesome!

Message 20 of 24 (6,522 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

dk74OSU - Good for you for your persistence. Thanks for posting how you did it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 24 (6,512 Views)
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried all the codes for my Denon AVR 591, and all of them allow to turn the power on and off to the AVR but none of them allow my to control the volume on the AVR, it just controls the vol on the TV. WHat code did you use? Suggestions. Thanks.

Message 22 of 24 (6,375 Views)
ACE - Expert

cpd5215 - It may not be the code for the Denon. There is a basic remote function to program before you can find out about the Denon code. The default is for the remote to ALWAYS control the TV. To change this -

att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)

Then the volume will follow the mode button. See if it controls the Denon.
If it does not or you do not want to change modes to change volume, you can set the U-verse STB volume to 15. Then set the TV and Denon volume to comfortable levels. You can then watch U-verse TV in the att mode & vary the volume using either the TV or the Denon to provide audio.

If you ALWAYS use the Denon & you have a code that controls volume you can insert aux between 955 & enter toALWAYS control the Denon.
Message 23 of 24 (6,369 Views)
Tutor

aviewer wrote:
cpd5215 - It may not be the code for the Denon. There is a basic remote function to program before you can find out about the Denon code. The default is for the remote to ALWAYS control the TV. To change this -

att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)

Then the volume will follow the mode button. See if it controls the Denon.
If it does not or you do not want to change modes to change volume, you can set the U-verse STB volume to 15. Then set the TV and Denon volume to comfortable levels. You can then watch U-verse TV in the att mode & vary the volume using either the TV or the Denon to provide audio.

If you ALWAYS use the Denon & you have a code that controls volume you can insert aux between 955 & enter toALWAYS control the Denon.
Thanks alot. Your suggestion "att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)" worked perfectly!!

Message 24 of 24 (6,360 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.