tatusd's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 4:09 PM

remote code denon 1612

Johnie, or anyone. I'm new to this community and would like to have a AT&T remote control the volume on my Denon 1612.

I have a S10-S3 I have used all the codes on the remote codes card provided by AT&T. I can turn off and on my AVR 1612 using 5 of Denon

codes on the card. However I can't control the volume. My old providers Dish and Cox had the code to make their remotes work the volume on my Denon 1612. It's been 2 weeks I'm using 2 remotes you know that blows to have to have 2 remotes to control the sound.

I used every code on remote control program card and I can only turn the Denon off and on. I want to control the volume. I appreciate anyone that can figure this out. Is the silver remote different?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

The silver remote is our older remote. Sadly, it will not work. To my knowledge, the black remote is our newer remote, and has all the codes of the silver remote, including some additional codes. I apologize our remote does not seem to be compatible with this receiver. We try to get as many codes in there as possible, but when we develop the remotes, our primary function is to get as many TVs working as possible, so sometimes we see receivers, VCRs, and other devices not fully function with our remote.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

tatusd I'm afraid the harmony remote is going to be your only option........

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

I have done some additional research and was able to find a list of remotes that we have confirmed working with our U-verse STBs. I can say that a Logitech harmony remote definitely works, as I have actually used one of those.

Radio Shack

Model 15134: 5in1 Satellite Pro Universal Remote

Model HDPRO: 7in1 Universal HD Remote Control

Model 15133: 5in1Universal Gamer Remote

Logitech

Model 520: Harmony Remote Control

Model 550: Harmony Remote Control

Model 670: Harmony Remote Control

Model 880: Harmony Remote Control

Model 890: Harmony Remote Control

Model 1000: Harmony Remote Control

Philips

Model TSU3000: Pronto Remote Control

Model TSU3500: Pronto Remote Control

Model TSU9200: Pronto Remote Control

Model TSU9400: Pronto Remote Control

Model TSU9600: Pronto Remote Control

Model SRU8008: Prestigo Remote Control

Model SRU8010: Prestigo Remote Control

Model SRU8015: Prestigo Remote Control

Model SRU9600: Prestigo Remote Control

Also, it is assumed that any remote with a learning functionality will work.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you

So the Logitech harmony does it all the At&T DVR and featured apps etc?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

I have had no problems with all the main remote features on the Logitech Harmony remote. When it comes to the Apps associated with it, I am not sure how some of the more advanced Harmony remotes work, but I can only assume they were not meant to work with them fully, but you will still have full access to them and will be able to operate them as if you were using the U-verse remote. Even though some of the remotes have an onscreen display, I do not think it will be able to act as an iPad would when it comes to handling our Apps.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks again David

Logitech programming remote on line looks like the way to go. I will have one remote according to beebeesa that will control volume of Denon. Harmony will control DVR FF and jump on DVR correct? Is that what you are calling STB? The STB's are the DVR AT&T box? I guess I could always buy then return if it doesn't do what I want. This is still frustrating that the AT&T remote will not control volume on Denon 1612. Like I said at beginning of this is AT&T needs to make the remote work. Dish and Cox do! I like U Verse so far. Crazy remote thing and buying a super Logitech remote that looks very cool still a bit discouraging if you know what I mean. Thanks again to everyone in this thread

Hope this helps out others.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi tatusd,

Sorry about the confusing terms, but yes, I was calling the DVR the STB (Set Top Box).

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

My black S10 will bring up the denon AVR 991 remote commands on my tv screen, but the S10 volume rocker switch has no impact on volume. I have used the advanced feature setup of the S10 to send the volume control to the receiver and not the default tv setting, but I get no volume adjustment. 

It appears to be only the volume I can't control. 

Thoughts?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Success! You were right. I had to try a bunch of codes provided by the manual setup thru the uverse program remote screen. Finally found one that works the volume. 

Thanks for your help. 

After two years of two remotes, just using one is awesome!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

dk74OSU - Good for you for your persistence. Thanks for posting how you did it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.