Mikro's profile

Guru

• 

727 Messages

Friday, May 13th, 2011 7:05 AM

Yahoo Games The Uverse Remote didn't stand a chance

My mom distroid Her first Uverse tv remote this evening the buttons started falling off My mom averages 8 to 10 Hours a day playing Yahoo Games. I've Ordered 2 to be on the safe side.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

What buttons are used for the games?

Maybe you should go to Radio Shack & get a Logitech Harmony 200 or 300 for $20 or 30. Maybe it lasts longer.

You can program buttons that are very convenient for the game activities. But, you probably can not reprogram your mom's fingers at this point.

I remember when they changed the area code for my work voice mail. I could think the new code but my fingers insisted on dialing the old one.

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

I was just looking at the arrow/ok cluster on my Logitech Harmony 700. They are nice and smooth - not tank traps like the u-verse.

The 700 is rechargeable. 200/300 are not.

You can go to walmart & get a Rayovac battery charger & batts for $7. Charge by plugging in to the STB USB port.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ROV-USB-CHARGER-W2AA/14860667

Been using one.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Mikro wrote:

My mom distroid Her first Uverse tv remote this evening the buttons started falling off My mom averages 8 to 10 Hours a day playing Yahoo Games. I've Ordered 2 to be on the safe side.

WOW!  :smileysurprised:

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

You ever thought of putting her in formt of the computer with a mouse and keyboard instead?

Guru

• 

727 Messages

13 years ago

@americangame wrote:

You ever thought of putting her in formt of the computer with a mouse and keyboard instead?

She Hates computers

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Smiley Very Happy

Guru

• 

727 Messages

13 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

I didn't tell her the STB is running Windows CE variant Smiley Very Happy

Guru

• 

727 Messages

12 years ago

3 remotes replaced since my last post here in this thread were on replacement #4.

My mom says why they make these remotes so cheap they wear out so fast.

I told her the Average person does not play these games 8 to 12 hours a day like she does. I have 3 other remotes and they still all work and never been replaced only the Living room where she plays yahoo games all day is the tv and Uverse remote that wears out every few weeks.

Guru

• 

650 Messages

12 years ago

I can just picture a Consumerist post from this: AT&T disconnected my Uverse because I busted 15 of their remotes in 2 years. They offered to buy me a computer, I said no -- build your remotes better. Smiley Very Happy

Guru

• 

727 Messages

12 years ago

I'm already mix and matching parts bewteen the other remotes to make one good one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.