Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What cable is used from wall jack to RG?


What cable is used from wall jack to RG?

My U-verse signal is transmitted via twisted pair to a wall jack then a cable (not coax, Cat 5or 6 or HDMI) to the Residential Gateway.  I need to move the RG a few feet further away from the wall jack, so need to purchase the appropriate cable.  What do I buy and where can I find a seller?


Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎05-09-2018 12:29 PM

Re: What cable is used from wall jack to RG?

If fiber it's coax connected to red ONT jack on gateway (RJ45 plugs).  If not fiber it's twisted pair (RJ11 jacks) to the green gateway broadband port.  For most cases a telephone line will do (two pins unless pair bond then 4 pins).  Telephone lines can be picked up most anywhere of course.


This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support