Wait...I have to buy a remote for my Uverse to work Correctly?!

Teacher

Wait...I have to buy a remote for my Uverse to work Correctly?!

This was the exact conversation I had earlier.  My Remote has been acting really laggy / non responsive in my living room (Every other room works perfect)  I called tech support, went through the test, he sent a tech out that same day which was awesome, he came out, replaced the remote, stil donig it. Replaced the DVR, Still doing it.  repostioned my box all over the entertainment center still doing it.      he suggested I get an RF remote, and he left. 

I called Customer Service, then tech support, saying I have to buy an RF remote for 63 bucks to have my uverse work propperlly...  Why am I having to pay extra, when I am already paying an Equipment fee already, not ot mention, Something that should have worked from the get go? 

has anyone else had this issue? Anyone tried an RF remote to see if it corrects the issue? I would really hate to spend 63 bucks on the techs 3rd guess on whats wrong with my system...

I ve never had any issues with my Uverse till this, and the way its being handled...I hope never have anymore issues with it, its been a nightmare. 

Message 1 of 18
Teacher

Re: Wait...I have to buy a remote for my Uverse to work Correctly?!

no prob.  Thank you everyone for all the help / ideas! 

Message 16 of 18
Expert

Glad to know your remote issues are behind you.  I figured someone would get you the proper info.  Enjoy.Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

PaleoKurt wrote:

I think the techs should be made aware of this situation / fix rather than just be told....thats how it is, and buy a RF remote. 

No argument there.  For a communications company AT&T sure does a crappy job of communicating internally.

I'm glad you were able to get it working.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 18
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Getting U-verse? Great! Welcome to the family!
Check out our articles below regarding your Install, Your Appointment, Bill, and other features!

Additional Support