Uverse remote and APEX parental lock (red key)

Uverse remote and APEX parental lock (red key)

[ Edited ]

Uverse remote and parental lock (red key)

I am hoping for a solution!  I have spent days on the phone with customer support and they cannot seem to help me.  They have even swapped out the receiver and the problem remains......  I have a tv with a blue screen and a red key in the lower left hand corner.  The only thing the remote will do is turn the set on and off.  Even the controls on the tv itself will not work.  After look around, it appears that the parental lock got turned on (perhaps by a 10 year old)  and I cannot find the answer to turn it off.  It seems that there is something on the remote that I can manipulate to correct this, but I don't know what that would be.  Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 22 (17,439 Views)
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by DavidCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Uverse remote and parental lock (red key)

Hey...same exact problem, and I just fixed mine. Here is what to do. On your UVerse remote, press the TV selector to put your remote in TV mode. The On Demand button will act as the function key on this remote. So, press and hold the On Demand button while pressing Mute.

Fingers crossed that this works for you. If not. Place your Apex TV in the trash can and buy a new one! Smiley Wink

Please post if this works for you!
Message 16 of 22 (15,142 Views)
Contributor

THIS WORKED FOR ME!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Message 17 of 22 (14,989 Views)
Highlighted
Voyager

My husband fell asleep on the U-verse remote and we were going crazy trying to find a way to get rid of the red key.  Also, just like cpbourgeois, we no longer had the tv's remote, only our U-verse remote.  Your solution worked immediately and we don't have to throw our tv out the window...Your help is greatly appreciated.

Message 18 of 22 (12,785 Views)
Contributor

Thanks so much for this post. It worked for me Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 22 (11,794 Views)
Contributor

Thank You, Thank You,THANK YOU!!!

Finally something that worked

Message 20 of 22 (8,009 Views)
Contributor

Re: Uverse remote and APEX parental lock (red key)

Works - OnDemand and Mute key combination lifted the parental lock on my APEX TV

Message 21 of 22 (7,722 Views)
Contributor

Just did this - was about to throw it in the trash and decided to look this up - this worked perfectly.

Thank you!!

Message 22 of 22 (5,965 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.