cpbourgeois's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 6:53 PM

Uverse remote and APEX parental lock (red key)

Uverse remote and parental lock (red key)

03-03-201212:44:55 PM

I am hoping for a solution!  I have spent days on the phone with customer support and they cannot seem to help me.  They have even swapped out the receiver and the problem remains......  I have a tv with a blue screen and a red key in the lower left hand corner.  The only thing the remote will do is turn the set on and off.  Even the controls on the tv itself will not work.  After look around, it appears that the parental lock got turned on (perhaps by a 10 year old)  and I cannot find the answer to turn it off.  It seems that there is something on the remote that I can manipulate to correct this, but I don't know what that would be.  Any help is appreciated

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

cpbourgeois -
When you press the TV button on the u-verse & you press numbers does the TV button on the remote blink?

I just read the link provided by texasguy & it says to press the mute & F(#3) button at the same time. Did you try that?

what if you just pulled the plug on the TV. How long do you think you would have to wait for it to loose memory?

Please tell me the model number of your TV.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, I tried that combination......nothing!  I will have to get some help getting the model # off of the tv.......cannot turn that thing alone.........................

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

cpbourgeois - I was thinking if you pulled the plug - when you plug it back in it would go to OTA - meaning it is currently locked on the U-verse input.

Maybe you cannot get at the plug. How about kill the circuit breaker.

If you can not get at the model # is it LED or LCD - I saw only 2 LCD 32 & 42 which size is it?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

It is a LED tv.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

cpbourgeois -
There are more Led TVs than LCD & LED does not show manual available where LCD does.

There is a generic FAQ that says the default security code is 0000. But, if the code was changed call cust svc for assistance. Here is the link - http://www.tmaxdigital.com/support

They should be able to help you out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

THIS WORKED FOR ME!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

My husband fell asleep on the U-verse remote and we were going crazy trying to find a way to get rid of the red key.  Also, just like cpbourgeois, we no longer had the tv's remote, only our U-verse remote.  Your solution worked immediately and we don't have to throw our tv out the window...Your help is greatly appreciated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thanks so much for this post. It worked for me Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank You, Thank You,THANK YOU!!!

Finally something that worked

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Works - OnDemand and Mute key combination lifted the parental lock on my APEX TV

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.