Uverse and Tivo

Highlighted
Contributor

Uverse and Tivo

Have two tivos which require cable cards. Since switching last week you cant use them for tv since uverse doesnt have cable cards. Will uverse use cable card at some point or at least have use of net flix app .I can still use them for netflix and the digital local channels but it is a pain too switch the inputs and use a different remote.Is there a code for tivo premieres that I can use the att uverse remote?

Message 1 of 3 (10,383 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Uverse and Tivo

U-Verse is a different beast compared to traditional cable companies. It doesn't use the same tech and isn't compadable with cable cards. 

As for the remote, I don't see a Tivo as being supported on the manufacturers list. Consider getting a  Harmony remote to control everything. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (10,359 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Uverse and Tivo

[ Edited ]

U-verse's IPTV works entirely differently from Cable.  A U-verse box doesn't have a tuner in the conventional sense of the word and wasn't designed to work with the CableCard technology.

Over the years, some subscribers have gotten their Tivos to work with U-verse, but you do have to have a Set Top Box for each Tivo, as well as an IR blaster for the Tivo to tell the STB to tune to the correct channel.

Most people just used the Whole Home DVR feature that comes with almost every U-verse service level.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (10,358 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.