rmspmc's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 1st, 2016 3:03 AM

Uverse Channel Freezing

I have an existing order for Uverse TV which has stumped multiple techs when they come to my house.  Every single attempt results in the same thing.  All channels on all receivers (wireless and wired) freeze after around 15 seconds and signal is lost.  When I change the channel, the new channel freezes after around 15 seconds as well.

My setup is through an 5268AC with a VAP2500.  The ethernet is run directly to the RG and I am using no other devices.  The techs have changed the RG and the outside box multiple times.  I am currently dealing with a manager over the phone who is communicating with a smart chat group.  Every fix they have does not work.

I am losing patience with this as it has gone on for weeks and I still have no been able to use the service once.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

After this got escalated to the correct people, the problem was that the maximum bandwidth was improperly set too low.  Gigapower worked and there was nothing left for the TVs.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Also, I have GigaPower fiber internet and it works just fine.  I get ~900 Mbps down and ~950 Mbps up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.