Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unverse Remote works intermittently

Contributor

Unverse Remote works intermittently

When changing volume or channels, my remote flashes red and I have to press the button it many times before it will work. Then it will work easily for a few then go back to flashing red. I do have good batteries and a clear line to the receiver. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Unverse Remote works intermittently

Which remote model (S10, S20/S30)?  Do you have another att dvr or receiver with its own uverse remote?  If so does that remote work OK on the problem receiver or dvr?  If you detetmine the remote is really "bad" then call tech support for a replacement.    But if they try to charge you for it ($20) you are better off getting it cheaper from other places like amazon or ebay.  Look for S10, S20, and S30 att remotes.  It doesn't have to be the exact same model you are currently using.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks for your response. I have the S20/30 style and only one tv and one
remote. I’m a newer customer of 4 months and the remote has always been
this way.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

I always view trying to debug remotes as just not worth the effort or time if the basic trouble shooting doesn't work which is why I end up suggesting replacement.  Since you say you always had the problem with the remote the only other thing that comes to mind is you used the wrong code to program it.  So for your tv model (you never mentioned what tv model you have) are there other programming codes you can try?  Check the user manual that came with the remote.  If you don't have it anymore you can download the pdf from here.  For the s20/s30 that would be this pdf.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support