Explore & discover

Helpful Links

UVERSE

Tutor

UVERSE

Why does AT&T bypass homes when laying cable?

They passed my house with the cable to supply a large subdivision with service,never ask anyone if we would like to acquire their services.

Did not even put down a access point.

I can't get internet except maybe Hughes Net and who is going to pay that price?

I do have Dish Net for TV and thats not saying a lit,thei t service is not good.

Can't believe this happened.

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: UVERSE

Determined by engineering group...

Population density is a driving factor. Run a multi line fiber cable, install a PFP that supports a limited number of connections. Depending on PFP installs supports a maximum of either 216, 432 or 864 fiber connections. Run fiber from PFP location to addresses to be serviced either aerial (poles) or buried terminals.

The current 4 year deployment (2016-end 2019) is scheduled for 12.5+ million addresses (18%) in the 21 state footprint where ATT is the ILEC. In areas where a different telco is the ILEC such as CenturyLink, Frontier, Windstream, etc ATT will not be an option.

As someone said on a different forum, if desire ATT fiber service the only sure way is to build, buy or rent where ATT fiber is offered.

The company has completed over 10 million addresses with another 2.5 million to be added in 2019. Hopefully late 2019 will be an announcement that a phase 2 will be added for 2020-2024 adding another 12 .5+ million. Uverse FTTN took 3 phases and 10 years (2006- end 2015) to reach 33 million addresses or about 42% of then addresses.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

I can understand populated areas,but it can't be that large of an issue to have a connection point when my house is fifty feet from the cable .

Message 3 of 5
Employee

The question is how far are you from the PFP and is your street (all homes) within the engineering plans for service.

The PFP takes bulk fiber strands and splits them. A standard splitter is either 16 or 32 connections on a 2.5G fiber. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Tutor

I don't know what a PFP is.

All I know is they ran the service down my road which has a dmall amount of homes with the exception of the large subdivision that Att ran the service to .In order to supply the sub.the cable came by my house.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support