Larcnt's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 30th, 2017 3:51 PM

U-verse not avail.

My neighbor has u-verse and I can't get it. The green phone box is in my back yard. What's up with this?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Check your address here to see what ATT can provide.

Are you sure what you see is a "phone box" and not a box for cable tv?  We have such boxes sprinkled all over my townhouse complex and they are only for comcrap (a couple of feet tall -- called "taps" I think).  The phone lines run underground separately.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

There is also a cable box as well as an electric transformer with the phone box in the back corner of my yard. takes care of the whole block.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Well did you go to the link I mentioned above (and here it is again) to check availability?

If it says uverse is not available then check a neighbor's address.  Perhaps the data base is wrong.  You could also call att and ask them to verify as well.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Done all the above. Can't seem to get an answer from att as to why neighbor has it but I can't get it.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I guess you're just beyond the distance limit to the VRAD and/or the kind of wiring you have.  Probably all those boxes you see in your back do not include a VRAD (see this for some example pictures).

Contact @ATTHelpForums and ask them for assistance.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Give me a break. The att box that's about 6x6 and 24" tall is in my yard. It feeds my neighbor that has u-verse. You sound just like att people.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Well I tried as best I could.  But given your attitude, I'm outta here.  Good luck and bye.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

7 years ago

Contact att customer care as suggested. Use the private message envelope at the top of the page. Hopefully someone from att will reply here and help you out. You could try going into an att store and see if they can get an address validation. Do you know what internet speeds your neighbor has? Internet only, tv also?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

To much trouble here. Staying with Comcast.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

An Answer to: " why was i told i can get U-verse but cant"

I see alot of post regarding this topic, The salesman told me this or told me that, I was told i can get X speed but can only get lower. So i will break down how it is determined if or what services you get to the best of my ability So heres a picture and scroll down past the picture for the explanation. I pulled this off the Internet and did a quick  30 second paint edit

loop electronics.jpg

Ok so the red circle represent a typical 3000 foot radius that is used to determine if you are within that range for service, in a perfect world this would be fantastic.

However the radius does not depict true cable length, the blue line represents a non typical but likely scenario as you can see the way the cable runs that the folks in the top half of the screen would show in the ordering system as eligible but when the installer arrives and runs tests he unfortunately has to deny service due to the extreme cable length.

Cable length comes into consideration when determine speed and the circle gets smaller as you go up in speed service. This causes some confusion to customers when they are told they can get 45mb Internet and then are told something else by installers when they arrive. It may not be the optimal way to do this but Ive been told by competitors that they use a same type of system to determine speeds also.

Why is the cable run this way? well 50-60-70 years ago these were placed for telephone only, it was run this way to be the most economical way to provide telephone to every house and houses in the future. And length of cable was not a concern with dial tone.

Hope this sheds some light on this subject, im sure im not the first nor will i be the last to post on this topic.

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.