For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
36young's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 11:26 PM

U-verse channel

what channel does the tv have to be on to use the u-verse and what imput?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Unless you're using a super old TV*, you can use either HDMI or component connections.  Depending on how YOU decide to connect the box to the TV will determine which option you press on the TV.  For example, you've got a HDMI wire that you choose to use.  You connect the HDMI from the box to the TV.  When you go to "input" on your TV, choose HDMI.  There could be HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3.  Choose the correct one.  If you connected the Uverse box using component, your TV input should have that option.  Choose "Component".

When using component or HDMI connections, there is no need to choose a channel to have the TV set on.  HDMI and/or component overrides that issue.

How old is the TV?  Do you have the option of HDMI or component in the back of the TV?  Do you have the instruction manual that came with the TV?

Please note:  I've had Uverse for over 10 years with 3 TVs hooked up now and 2 old TVs that I replaced.  I've replaced probably 3 boxes so I've done this a time or two.  Trust me, it ain't rocket science.

*Edit:  If using an old TV that only has a coax connection, then the TV should be on Ch. 3 according to THIS   Bear in mind that you cannot receive HD channels with coax.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

With Uverse you choose your input: Component or HDMI.  I cannot speak for 'regular' cable TV as I haven't had it in 10+ years.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Obviously there is a right and a wrong with the input. I know I can change
and choose any input but which one is it that is the correct one to choose
so that the cable will come thru the TV? Also what channel does the TV have
to be on? Does anyone have U verse that can help me please???

Thanks
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.